• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I have CC'd my 4" 329pd a few times in a jackass shoulder rig I got from the classifieds. Picked up a 3" 629 trailboss but I cant seem to get comfortable with it after having the 329. I carry it with light rounds and I am very comfortable with it. I guess the trail boss will probably make its way to the classifieds as the 329 spoiled me too much.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I have CC'd my 4" 329pd a few times in a jackass shoulder rig I got from the classifieds. Picked up a 3" 629 trailboss but I cant seem to get comfortable with it after having the 329. I carry it with light rounds and I am very comfortable with it. I guess the trail boss will probably make its way to the classifieds as the 329 spoiled me too much.

I love my 329 PD also. Not a lot of fun to shoot full power loads from but shooting 240 gr. SWC over 8gr. of Unique is fun and can do to all day.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    My uncle broke his Colt .357 a few years back and had to resort to using his Dan Wesson .44mag for CC. Unfortunately he passed 2 years ago, before having the Colt fixed, and he carried that effing cannon for the last year of his life. They are both in my box of fun now, Colt as he left it. I enjoy shooting the .44 but could never conceal it or see myself utilizing it as a carry gun. I usually carry a SP101 snubby in .357 IWB, so for that matter I couldn't even see myself carrying his old Colt if I ever have it repaired, just too big for comfort.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    I have a Ruger Alaskan I carry, shoulder rig, rides nice, and invisible with a jacket or sport coat. 44 mag with 300gr hard cast loads, or I can load down some soft shooting 200 grain soft cast loads.

As for killing the rest of the town behind the target.... some of you watch too much TV.
    :rolleyes: Bull$hit, I have had .44mag JHPs blow thru deer at 60yards after breaking both front legs and liquifying organs.

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a .44 Mag in a Taurus Raging Bull series. IMO, it is a lot of gun to carry. Feels like I have a ten pound weight on my hip. I agree that follow up shots or "Double-taps" are somewhat difficult with this weapon, heavy recoil, and loud as hell. Plus I fear with that much gun even with HP's loaded there is a high possibility of complete pass through on the BG's and possibly striking a bystander if I had to use it.

But it does look Bad-A$$ when I do at times carry it.

I once carried my Draco AK-47 pistol on a strap hung from my shoulder in an AM-PM. It was under my leather trench coat.

Without saying, it made the cashier a little edgy.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Ive carried my S&W 29-2 8 3/8 inch barrel in a shoulder holster . . . . . . . it isnt practical but I did it cause I could (it was a curiosity thing). wear a longer coat though Im 6-4 and 280 lbs and the barrel still hung out from under my coat

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    The way I figure anyone that would cc a 44 mag would probably have it loaded with 44 specials anyway. So why not cc a gun chambered in 44 special? I do.

Top Bottom