• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • btgarner0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Southern IN
    I don't think that stance nor the grip would be anything less than spray and pray. The pistol holster and position even for a cross draw is anything less than a mall cop. Great old add, but not to be taken as a training aid.:twocents:

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    That guy has nothing on this guy:

1handbipod.jpg

Not just one handed, not just with a bipod, not just while wearing sunglasses, but all of that all at the same time.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    And that guy has nothing on this guy:

xlg_super_gun_0.jpg

And people think Chris Costa is operator because he rolls upside down while shooting...

Note his hat lying next to him. You wouldn't want to dirty your hat while chin shooting your AR one handed.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    True, his holster is on the wrong side!

Cross draw was popular decades ago for coppers. In fact in cities such as Chicago, cops would have the issue pistol on one side and their own PODA pistol in cross draw on the other side.

wol_error.gif
    Click this bar to view the full image.
    xlg_super_gun_0.jpg

I believe that is an old ad of Bobby McDonald who took "old #4" AR-15 around the world in the late '50s-60s to demonstrate the newfangled AR-15.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

xlg_super_gun_0.jpg

And people think Chris Costa is operator because he rolls upside down while shooting...

Note his hat lying next to him. You wouldn't want to dirty your hat while chin shooting your AR one handed.

I believe he is demonstrating the light recoil. My drill sergeant fired one in the same way as well as putting the buttstock against his crotch and firing one. Trying to remove the fear some have of shooting a rifle.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    I believe he is demonstrating the light recoil. My drill sergeant fired one in the same way as well as putting the buttstock against his crotch and firing one. Trying to remove the fear some have of shooting a rifle.

Mine did the same.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, Bobby would do all kinds of goofy demonstrations. One handed over his head, off his chin (and sensitive areas), etc.

For further reading on the early days of Armalite and Fairchild, I would recommend Dr. Ezell's book:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Black-Rifle-Retrospective-Modern-Military/dp/0889351155]Amazon.com: The Black Rifle: M16 Retrospective (Modern US Military Small Arms Series- Volume Three) (9780889351158): R.Blake Stevens, Edward C. Ezell: Books[/ame]

Top Bottom