• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I really wish the Gunny would take a Dixie Chopper to his eyebrows.. they are totally unsat!

Perhaps he could go see a Turkish barber upon he next visit to Glock in Austria?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHRheb_TVT8[/ame]

Or have the barber trim them with fire:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlmGGVQeU4E[/ame]

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Did they have bayonets mounted, and perhaps doing the "stomp and drag? dance?

Honestly, the scene kind of caught me by surprise; I wasn't thinking of this thread until after the fact. It may re-air next week, though I think it's viewable on the web site as well.

I was just a little kid living in northern Michigan during the later part of it all and didn't realize how much a variety of issues polarized the country. In some ways, things really aren't so bad today. Then again, in other ways, they're worse.

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In a strange coincidence I was watching some documentary on the evolution of the nuclear bomb on Netflix today and saw this exact technique being used. I had fallen asleep towards the end, but woke up in time to see some sort of Chinese propaganda film featuring a nuclear explosion and a bunch of their soldiers running around after the fact with goggles and gas masks on. They all had AK's, and while the one's mounted on horseback :dunno: fired from a shoulder position, the guys on the ground were running up to the top of a hill and dumping half a mag using the exact same grip position. Thought to myself, "Hey, I just saw that the other night" LOL...

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yes, Shemp, Moe, and Curly were actualy siblings from New York City, Shempwas the oldest(but not the oldest Howard brother), Curly (known as BABE by his brothers), the youngest boy in the family. Moe in the middle. NYUK NYUK NYUK

Anybody remember Col> Kirby in the John Wayne movie "The Green Berets", he held his M-16 by the carrying handle upside down through most of the movie (One of my all time favorite flicks) and with twenty one years of Army service (retired), I never once carried any of mine that way ever.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Anybody remember Col> Kirby in the John Wayne movie "The Green Berets", he held his M-16 by the carrying handle upside down through most of the movie (One of my all time favorite flicks) and with twenty one years of Army service (retired), I never once carried any of mine that way ever.

Yeah, but you weren't a Green Beret, were you? All of the good handshakes were already taken, so that is how they greet each other.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    My favorite way of carrying an M16 was my thumb through the carry handle, my fingers around the slip rings and resting on the front of the magazine well. I can still feel it, though it's been 18 years. My mid-length flat top with Eotech doesn't allow for this kind of carry.

Top Bottom