2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I wih I had your problem ;)
    I sold four guns last year to pay off student loans
    Only kept the essentials
    .22 rifles that were gifted to me by family
    And my 9mm pistol

Good on you; way to keep priorities. I know it may have "hurt" to sell them, but debt first, toys later.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "Too many guns"
    What language is this?
    You know, if I moved to another country, I'd damn sure learn the lingo.

Seriously though, you know guns don't have an expiration date.
    Maybe you're not using it now, but may change your mind in a couple years.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    After years of intensive research, I have discovered that is is physically impossible to have too many guns.....on the other hand it is actually possible to have too little ammo:):

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    No I need more guns......and a bigger safe.

I swear when I move Im buying the last safe Ill ever need and it will be the biggest one I can get.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I traded off a couple a few weeks ago for a new G17. I liked the two I traded but rarely shot them and I got something I wanted, have shot more through since I got than the other two combined, and something with the same trigger and function as my carry gun. So I agree with your idea, I still have more than I need but I am ok with that. :)

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Not all firearms can be carried or used without purpose. Concealment and clothing changes the ease of owning only one firearm. Add on the chance to store common calibers, move out exotics, and utilize common holsters to make CCW easy.
    The "dress around" the gun does okay for most seasons, summer is another issue with cargo shorts and polos being common.
    Long guns need a place to shoot at. Shotguns are the choice among hunters, and many types could be a house gun if required.
    Never too many, only each to it's purpose.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Whew. :)

So let me ask you "You can never have too many guns" guys, do you find your skills degrade as you shoot guns other than your main carry gun / competition gun?

In other words, bringing a different set of guns to the range every time you go, do you think you would find yourself more adept at using them if you brought the same guns every time?

Or is skill / familiarity with a particular type of gun just not a major thing for you?

I know that I have found, if I shoot my carry or competition 1911 at the range every week, I am CONSIDERABLY better than if I take a break for a while, and shoot a poly gun or a revolver.

For me its a no brainer, I cant keep my skill up with my limited training time on more than 1 gun type.

It gets to the point you can almost run the gun without thinking if you shoot it enough.

Thats what I was getting at with the OP.

I would be interested in hearing your experiances.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Whew. :)

So let me ask you "You can never have too many guns" guys, do you find your skills degrade as you shoot guns other than your main carry gun / competition gun?

In other words, bringing a different set of guns to the range every time you go, do you think you would find yourself more adept at using them if you brought the same guns every time?

Or is skill / familiarity with a particular type of gun just not a major thing for you?

I know that I have found, if I shoot my carry or competition 1911 at the range every week, I am CONSIDERABLY better than if I take a break for a while, and shoot a poly gun or a revolver.

For me its a no brainer, I cant keep my skill up with my limited training time on more than 1 gun type.

It gets to the point you can almost run the gun without thinking if you shoot it enough.

Thats what I was getting at with the OP.

I would be interested in hearing your experiances.

You're correct, im my experience anyways. If I shoot Glocks for example this month I get better each time. I carry a Glock 90% of the time, before hunting season I shoot single action revolvers quite a bit because I carry them for close shots. I have found that triggers among the same style of gun are sometimes a lot different, let alone a completely different type of gun. I do OK with my different types of handguns, but I believe I would do a lot better if I stuck with one type. So yes I agree with what you are saying 100%, am I going to sell all my guns besides Glocks. No.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

At first I was confused: "Too" many guns...?

Then my mind expanded and I laughed, because I presumed this must be a joke, right...?

Finally, the fog cleared and it all made sense!

Yes! YES I SAY! At one time I had too many guns. I bought six rifles at the Louisville gun show. I could not carry them all out the door. I had TOO MANY GUNS.

That is why I had to make TWO trips to the parking lot!

Does that help?

Regards,

Doug:D

PS - This is true and I did get a lot of strange looks the first trip out the door.

Top Bottom