Anyone Else Heard This??? Gun companies can't keep up with demand?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9vmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Just got off the phone with a friend of mine in the DFW, TX area and he states that all of the S&W "E" series pistols for at least the next 8 months are earmarked for the U.S. Gov't.

He also states that Ruger has quit taking orders for their 1911 clone and that Benelli has quit taking orders for their "Tactical Shotguns" because they can't keep up with the demand.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard this...

Last edited:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Not that, or there, but here.

Two LGS in Madison county have been told by their suppliers that they'd best be ordering all they can sell for the run-up to the election. Didn't say whether it was the word from manufacturers or not. I have "all the guns I need" but the ammo is another factor. EBG

n9vmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Two LGS in Madison county have been told by their suppliers that they'd best be ordering all they can sell for the run-up to the election. Didn't say whether it was the word from manufacturers or not. I have "all the guns I need" but the ammo is another factor. EBG

This same friend stated that he cannot get reloading supplies especially .38 125gr XTP (at least that is what I remember him telling me).

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Ruger has put out a press release saying they are not taking new orders for ANYTHING through at least the end of May.

Haven't heard anything about the S&W E-Series 1911s.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    From a marketing standpoint, what better way to convince someone to buy what is available now rather than wait until what you really want is available?

- Gun shop guy 'Yeah, Ruger can't keep up, it'll 6 months befor we have those in stock again. Better to get this Highpoint for $400, and at least have a gun when the SHTF, than not have anything at all"

- Panic'd NoOb 'Guess you're right, I don't want to left without protection if O is reelected. That ex-Seal over there just told me that the Bammer is going to let UN forces take over in December. I can't wait for that Ruger"

Yes, there is a bit of panic setting in, but it IS being perpetuated by gun shop gossip, just like the infamous rumors about Lifetime LTCH, new AWB's etc.

I'm not saying this is the only cause, but manufacturers are in business to make a profit, not provide us with warm fuzzys. They will do whatever they can to make that profit. If that means promoting panic buying, so be it.

Anybody remember the "Coke v New Coke" scare? One of the best marketing campaigns ever engineered. Coke A Cola made a killing on it and it was a complete fabrication.

jeff242

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    I heard the Ruger news on the Cam & Company radio show on Thursday as well. I believe they said they were expecting to need 2 months to catch up on existing orders.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The problem all gunmakers, especially small ones, and their part suppliers have is uncertainty. Take a company like Daniel Defense; they could double or triple their manufacturing capacity tomorrow and still be booked for months. Now say Barry-O gets re-elected and manages to get some sort of gun control passed that clamps down on AR sales, they would be screwed. For an arms maker to invest big $$$ in increased manufacturing capacity they have to have some idea of what the market will look like in 5-10 years. With an election cycle coming around every two years that could change the majority in the House and Senate, and the Presidency every four years that could have the potential, via Supreme Court appointments, to effectively put them out of business, they can't risk it. Can anyone name another manufacturing business that is more at the mercy of the political trade winds? Don't get me wrong, I'm not crying for them. They are also reaping the benefits of this uncertainty right now. But if they could could invest in increasing capacity without fear of being crushed by the whims of DC, they could be created a lot of jobs for a lot of unemployed Americans.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    My buddy reps for a major gun maker and he says he takes the dealers orders but there is no set date or even a set month when they will get the guns, and the dealers know that, the industry is that busy...

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Anybody remember the "Coke v New Coke" scare? One of the best marketing campaigns ever engineered. Coke A Cola made a killing on it and it was a complete fabrication.

I don't remember Coke making a killing on that fiasco. I remember they took quite a beating over the whole stupid thing. New Coke did suck.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm looking at stock, particularly Ruger and Olin. Ruger really seems to be limited out; it's not a scam. Fortunately I have all I really need, and a good bit of what I want. A few AR parts kits, and I'm pretty golden.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Yeah Ruger did make an announcement of no new orders. I also know that several companies are indeed severely behind on orders. Many guns and supplies that I have looked into of late have been unavailable or backordered with no known delivery date.

0scarM!ke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    It sucks that there are so many shortages. But it also warms my heart knowing that every election year, more new gun legal owners get into our hobby and lifestyle. Election years are just nothing short of NUTS. I will spend THOUSANDS this year. I am hoarding ammo like it will never be available again. Every time i go to the range i pick up brass like i'm panning for gold.

sanmanjon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    I am looking for a left handed ar 15 and was told by a dealer that stag arms who makes one are booked up for the year.

Top Bottom