Anyone Else Heard This??? Gun companies can't keep up with demand?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ductileiron98

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    FFL

According to my FFL, Glock and Savage just put on a night shift to meet their demands. Guns will be scarse the next few years fellers ..

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Just got off the phone with a friend of mine in the DFW, TX area and he states that all of the S&W "E" series pistols for at least the next 8 months are earmarked for the U.S. Gov't.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard this...

Haven't heard anything about the S&W E-Series 1911s.

Just quoting myself to say the S&W E-Series 1911 claim appears to be bunk. Received one (2-tone Premier TALO edition) last week, with another (5" plain stainless) on the way this week. They are allocated items, but are periodically available.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    The problem all gunmakers, especially small ones, and their part suppliers have is uncertainty. Take a company like Daniel Defense; they could double or triple their manufacturing capacity tomorrow and still be booked for months. Now say Barry-O gets re-elected and manages to get some sort of gun control passed that clamps down on AR sales, they would be screwed. For an arms maker to invest big $$$ in increased manufacturing capacity they have to have some idea of what the market will look like in 5-10 years. With an election cycle coming around every two years that could change the majority in the House and Senate, and the Presidency every four years that could have the potential, via Supreme Court appointments, to effectively put them out of business, they can't risk it. Can anyone name another manufacturing business that is more at the mercy of the political trade winds? Don't get me wrong, I'm not crying for them. They are also reaping the benefits of this uncertainty right now. But if they could could invest in increasing capacity without fear of being crushed by the whims of DC, they could be created a lot of jobs for a lot of unemployed Americans.
    THIS is EXACTLY why VERY FEW mfg. places are hiring, or ANY business for that matter... Unemployment extensions, KEEP PEOPLE at home, because the only places hiring are $8.00- $10.00 jobs... people make more on UNemployment ...

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    THIS is EXACTLY why VERY FEW mfg. places are hiring, or ANY business for that matter... Unemployment extensions, KEEP PEOPLE at home, because the only places hiring are $8.00- $10.00 jobs... people make more on UNemployment ...

Sadly you are very correct. Even making twice that at the rate of fuel you end up taking home marginally more than unemployment.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Believe the hype guys we were told new orders from Sig and Ruger may not deliver until the fourth quarter of this year and availability will be slim in the meantime.

On the topic of wages I have been struggling to find people to work inthat price range for the last two years. I understand the plight of the people and cost of gas, but I have work with OT every week and weekend.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I'm surprised we made it this far into the year before stuff went scarce. By this time next year things will be back to normal, things will die down after the election, just like last time.

Alexp120

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Election again, I am trying to order AR for the summer, but so far no luck - only high priced AR's are available. Nothing below $1,000

PUalum04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Hope
    I have been trying to find a Springfield MC Operator for a couple months now. All of the dealers I talk to say: "good luck getting any 1911 from Springfield".

Not being satisfied with the answers I got from dealers, I called Springfield. They pretty much told me that they are "extremely behind on all 1911's and your best bet is to have your dealer place an actual order for the gun and expect to wait 9-mos to a year especially if you are wanting an MC Operator." He wouldn't elaborate on the reasons behind the shortage. Problems with operations in Brazil? Election year buying frenzy? Who knows...

Anyone else have this issue with Springfield?

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    To answer the OP's question, yes I've heard the same load of bull. It's all a marketing ploy so that they can gouge you. Don't fall for it. Wait it out. If the manufactures want to sell guns then they better make them and shipped them out.

Docjon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    I'm sure this news is old but the DHS is buying 450 million rds of 40 cal hollow points.
    What in the world do they need that many rds for. One hell of a lot of practice? I doubt it.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I heard that ammo order was upped to 750 million rds of .40. Maybe they are expecting some type of civil disturbances over the next 6-12 months. Imagine if Obama loses to a white guy.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Its not hype guys there is some truth to it all . O know that goes against popular opinion, but based on the info I have from manufacturers it's true

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No company stops accepting orders for a month. Not if they want to stay in business.
    Saturdays and Sundays are madhouses at the gun stores.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    i have a buddy that works at elmore's and he said last year they sold about a million guns total. and this yeah for the months of jan. and jeb. they sold a million guns.. pretty crazy!

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    i have a buddy that works at elmore's and he said last year they sold about a million guns total. and this yeah for the months of jan. and jeb. they sold a million guns.. pretty crazy!

Im going to call major BS on that. There are 9 weeks from Jan 1 until February 29th. That is 111,000 guns a week or 18,500 guns a day figuring a six day week.

Their normal business hours are 10 to 6 or an 8 hour day. That would mean they are selling over 2,300 guns an hour.

Top Bottom