Anyone Else Heard This??? Gun companies can't keep up with demand?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    i have a buddy that works at elmore's and he said last year they sold about a million guns total. and this yeah for the months of jan. and jeb. they sold a million guns.. pretty crazy!

Please tell me you're talking about Ruger selling that many guns because I'm with the rest of the guys here and I'll call BS on Elmores selling that many.

As for people not beleiving the gun companies are backordered like a SOB right now, give them a call. Hell, I had to call Colt 3 times before someone answered (after being on hold for 40 minutes 2 out of those 3 times). S&W/TC is still a freaking nightmare to get a hold of.

Hell, call Daniel Defense and check the status of their ARs. LMT is 24 weeks backordered, Spikes is 4-6 months.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Please tell me you're talking about Ruger selling that many guns because I'm with the rest of the guys here and I'll call BS on Elmores selling that many.

As for people not beleiving the gun companies are backordered like a SOB right now, give them a call. Hell, I had to call Colt 3 times before someone answered (after being on hold for 40 minutes 2 out of those 3 times). S&W/TC is still a freaking nightmare to get a hold of.

Hell, call Daniel Defense and check the status of their ARs. LMT is 24 weeks backordered, Spikes is 4-6 months.

That makes sense, never thought that is what he meant.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No company stops accepting orders for a month. Not if they want to stay in business.
    Saturdays and Sundays are madhouses at the gun stores.

Oops, I meant
    No company stops accepting.... without good reason.
    You don't just make it up, someone will take your business.
    Therefore.. must be real.

Just look at all the business being done.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    I don't remember Coke making a killing on that fiasco. I remember they took quite a beating over the whole stupid thing. New Coke did suck.
    My recollection is the same as yours. Coke to a heck of a PR hit with the NEW Coke thing. People really hated new Coke, and then they went back to the original formula and labeled the new Coke with a different name. I am just glad that Coke Zero took off....

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I remember the whole coke thing. The "New Coke" tasted a lot like Pepsi.

As far as the OP, on the evening news tonight (WTHR) they stated that Indiana gun sales is on the rise with 346,000 guns sold this past year, and that LGS are having a hard time keeping up with demand.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Just saw this come across Facebook from Cheaper than dirt.

"We heard a rumor today about Smith & Wesson following Ruger's lead and suspending accepting new orders. CTD Suzanne gave them a call and was told, "We have not suspended orders for new firearms, but we have started working third shift and still can't keep up." ...just thought y'all might like to know!"

So its not just Ruger.

Top Bottom