Last edited:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    4503_1156851874785_1032364911_484803_6608191_n.jpg

I create this with my Canon Rebel XTI by setting my Mode dial to Tv for shutter priority and then using the zoom from distant to near while the shutter was open. Used standard fluorescent lighting with no flash.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I shoot a nikon D80 I went with VR lens' and one prime lens, a couple SB600's I don't do anything earth shaking but tphotos.biz is my storefront, Most pictures are password protected but a few up front

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I am not really into photography, but I do like taking photos and like looking at mountain landscape, mountain/large wildlife, and night photos. When I went out to Yellowstone a couple of years ago, I saw just how big photography had gotten. With the quick rise of digital photography, it seems that _everyone_ now wants to be a photographer!!

Bigum1969, some of your photos are my fav type of photos. The Hoover Dam at night...awesome. The Joshua Tree and moon...awesome. The Valley Floor Waterfall...awesome. I know where the Hoover Dam is, but what location were the other two taken at?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I am not really into photography, but I do like taking photos and like looking at mountain landscape, mountain/large wildlife, and night photos. When I went out to Yellowstone a couple of years ago, I saw just how big photography had gotten. With the quick rise of digital photography, it seems that _everyone_ now wants to be a photographer!!

Bigum1969, some of your photos are my fav type of photos. The Hoover Dam at night...awesome. The Joshua Tree and moon...awesome. The Valley Floor Waterfall...awesome. I know where the Hoover Dam is, but what location were the other two taken at?

The joshua trees were taken near the California/Nevada border in the Mojave Desert. The valley floor was taken in Yosemite National Park. Thanks!

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I think I need to revive this thread! I used to have the canon xti with the sigma 24-70 and the sigma 10-22 wide lens, but traded it off for a really bad deal. I regret that to this day even, but I just recently picked up a canon 7d with the kit lens...awesome camera! I normally don't like kit lenses but this one is really impressive. I don't have extra money for the L glass i want and the san disk extreme pro compact flash card I'd need to shot lots of raw pictures....but I'll come around sooner or later!

2e3634f0.jpg

4640bdc0.jpg

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I have a Canon T1i with a Tamron 18 - 270mm Lens. I've only owned an SLR camera for about 3 months now. Previously I was mostly not into photography.

Week two of the IndyPhotoCoach class I was taking had us shooting in shutter priority. I used this as my assignment for capturing motion blur.
    img_1572.JPG

The following two images were my two favorite "Zoom Blur" images.

The first is at my office:
    img_1214.JPG

The second is also technically at my office: :cool:
    img_1239.JPG

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My wife has the T1i, got it for her just before the T2i....dangit! Oh well, the extra price of the T2i from the original one is more then you would get in features, especially since we already had the T1i. I love to get my hands on the following pieces of glass:

Canon L 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS USM
    Canon L 70-200mm f2.8 IS USM
    Sigma 24-70mm IF EX DG HSM
    Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM

Aside from the sigma 10-20mm superwide, the cheapest lens listed is $900...I'm sure there are more lenses I want but it will have to wait.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Here are a few I shot a while ago in Marquette, Michigan (born and raised in the area). Used a Nikon D80 and the Nikon 10.5mm full-frame fisheye (I love this lens). Enjoy...

mqt1.jpg

From Mount Marquette, looking past the trees and over the city.

mqt2.jpg

....another shot of the same, tilting the camera up just a bit.

mqt3.jpg

A flower in the "Pocket Park" downtown.

mqt4.jpg

....different flower, same park...

mqt5.jpg

Looking up underneath the fireman's memorial at the Lower Harbor Park.

mqt6.jpg

A view of the Lower Harbor park ...I like how the tower seems to be "bending in" to fit in the picture. :D

mqt7.jpg

Keep the horizon on the center line and the lens distortions are minimized. This is on the upper harbor break-wall.

mqt8.jpg

I really like how this one turned out. Years ago ...back in the 1900's... I shot this sculpture for a photo assignment (I was a photo major at NMU in a former life) using B&W film (Tri-X, if I remember right) I remember pushing it to bring out the grain a lot more and shooting from the opposite side as the sun was setting; I caught the sun's rays as they crossed through the gap at the top. This was my attempt to "recreate" the shot (which failed miserably for a variety of reasons). So, I ended up merely paying homage to my subject. :D ...which turned out pretty well when all was said and done.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    My wife has the T1i, got it for her just before the T2i....dangit! Oh well, the extra price of the T2i from the original one is more then you would get in features, especially since we already had the T1i. I love to get my hands on the following pieces of glass:

Canon L 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS USM
    Canon L 70-200mm f2.8 IS USM
    Sigma 24-70mm IF EX DG HSM
    Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM

Aside from the sigma 10-20mm superwide, the cheapest lens listed is $900...I'm sure there are more lenses I want but it will have to wait.
    \

I have the 70-200 2.8IS and like it. But I use my 70-200 F4L a lot more because it's smaller.

Save up and get the 24-70L from Canon instead of that Sigma. Trust me on that.

For the ultrawide, go with the Tokina 11-16 2.8.... faster than the 10-20 Sigma and sharper.

When all else fails, get "L" glass... it's what you really want.:D

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I have the 70-200 2.8IS and like it. But I use my 70-200 F4L a lot more because it's smaller.

Save up and get the 24-70L from Canon instead of that Sigma. Trust me on that.

For the ultrawide, go with the Tokina 11-16 2.8.... faster than the 10-20 Sigma and sharper.

When all else fails, get "L" glass... it's what you really want.:D

I had the old version of the sigma 24-70 without HSM and was quite impressed...I've considered the 24-70L but that's a pricey lens.

Top Bottom