• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    After many years of visiting different ranges and a former instructor I would agree with the 20% not knowing what's going on. I firmly believe everyone that is going to carry should attend some kind of training. I'm not saying high speed SWAT style but just the basics of handling,safety,and accuracy. Most would have fun doing it and learning at the same time. Just my two cents worth................

Depends on what you consider "no knowing what is going on" but when I asked people involved regularly in training last year the agreed on estimate was less than 5% have had training that involved working from the holster.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics-training/425155-concealed-carry-training-6.html

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have seen a little more OC in the last few months. I have also seen bad CC.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Saw a tall slender gal OC'ing a large stainless revolver in Menards the other day. I just don't get out all that much.

How have you been, Charlie? We still haven't managed to get out to socialize.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I have seen a little more OC in the last few months. I have also seen bad CC.

Bad CC? How bad is it? More importantly was it me?

I would call this bad CCing.

02E1D2C6-8595-491A-94E3-9F43E390FB04_zpstttvwiof.png

A holster sticking out of the bottom of your shirt or coat is not bad CCing.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I would call this bad CCing.

02E1D2C6-8595-491A-94E3-9F43E390FB04_zpstttvwiof.png

A holster sticking out of the bottom of your shirt or coat is not bad CCing.

It may just be his way of being comfortable carrying. I personally have never considered OC but typically do a horrible job at CC'ing. I'm not so much trying to conceal as I am keeping it mildly camouflaged for the 99% of the people out there that have zero situational awareness who would otherwise freak at the sight of a gun on a hip.

Had a woman at Wal Mart notice it one day when I bent over to tie my shoe, she started in on me with the usual anti-gun tripe. At one point she asked me if it made me feel brave to carry a gun and did I want to be a hero and save the day? I told her that no, as a matter of fact I carry it because I'm a coward. If the **** hits the fan I'm going to use it to get me and mine as far away from the fan as quickly and safely as possible and that if the bad guys are proceeding towards me and her that she should have a plan too because my plan didn't include her.

That pretty much shut her up.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Menards mostly. Me I prefer CC. I feel Oc is like playing poker , 5 card stud, with the cards facing out,, Never let them see your hand until it is time to play it. Wild Bill Style, Aces and Eights.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Menards mostly. Me I prefer CC. I feel Oc is like playing poker , 5 card stud, with the cards facing out,, Never let them see your hand until it is time to play it. Wild Bill Style, Aces and Eights.
    Your porker analogy is not all that great. If I show you my Royal flush before you bet against me are you still going to throw money in the pot?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Your porker analogy is not all that great. If I show you my Royal flush before you bet against me are you still going to throw money in the pot?

oh-snap.jpg

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Agreed! See it more than ever! Really has ramped up in the last few months by my observations. I credit it to...well, the realities of trying to live out life on this planet these days!

JDG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2017
    LaPorte County
    I have definitely noticed it more. Seems to be common thought that as your situational awareness increases, so does your detection of carriers. I do see most at the Family Express gas stations in the NW and , of course, Wal-Mart. I haven't had anyone stop, or talk to me yet, but I do get some dirty looks.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Had a woman at Wal Mart notice it one day when I bent over to tie my shoe, she started in on me with the usual anti-gun tripe. At one point she asked me if it made me feel brave to carry a gun and did I want to be a hero and save the day? I told her that no, as a matter of fact I carry it because I'm a coward. If the **** hits the fan I'm going to use it to get me and mine as far away from the fan as quickly and safely as possible and that if the bad guys are proceeding towards me and her that she should have a plan too because my plan didn't include her.

That pretty much shut her up.

This is awesome! I have to remember this!

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I have witnessed many Tauruses, Hi Points, the cheap .22 That Rural King sells, the cheap S&W 9 MM all riding in the Uncle Mike holsters.
    From the number of citizens carrying in the Southern area of the state I would estimate every wal mart has at least four OCing at anytime.

Top Bottom