• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I have witnessed many Tauruses, Hi Points, the cheap .22 That Rural King sells, the cheap S&W 9 MM all riding in the Uncle Mike holsters.
    From the number of citizens carrying in the Southern area of the state I would estimate every wal mart has at least four OCing at anytime.

I haven't seen any videos but apparently after the Colorado Walmart shooting several customers drew their weapons after hearing the shots in order to protect themselves.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Open carriers are always the first ones shot.

And here is a crazy one. I have had the opportunity to speak with several open carriers out in public places. You would be amazed that how many said they don't keep a round in the chamber but yet open carry ! At that point I pretty much give up on that type of person as being anything other than a showoff wanting everybody to see their weapon.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Open carriers are always the first ones shot.

This was sarcasm.

And here is a crazy one. I have had the opportunity to speak with several open carriers out in public places. You would be amazed that how many said they don't keep a round in the chamber but yet open carry ! At that point I pretty much give up on that type of person as being anything other than a showoff wanting everybody to see their weapon.

Probably the same percentage of concealed carriers carry unloaded guns as well.

Keep trying. You'll find find more open carriers with loaded guns than not.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I had a guy at the range the other night tell me how unsafe it is to carry with one in the pipe, he specifically mentioned Isreali carry, saying “if it’s good enough for the Isrealis, it’s good enough for me”. I wished him well, then noticed the silluoette target he was shooting in the general direction of.......yikes!And it wasn’t a good yikes.:):

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I had a guy at the range the other night tell me how unsafe it is to carry with one in the pipe, he specifically mentioned Isreali carry, saying “if it’s good enough for the Isrealis, it’s good enough for me”. I wished him well, then noticed the silluoette target he was shooting in the general direction of.......yikes!And it wasn’t a good yikes.:):

Amazing, just amazing.............

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

All this talk of silhouette targets. . . . . I may have to go to Point Blank for lunch tomorrow!:ar15:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    The last business robbery I had with an OC customer, the OC ran to the bathroom and hid. They were not shot, or even noticed, apparently.

I hate to keep beating the training drum but IMHO if you aren't comfortable with your firearm and have some knowledge about when you can and can't shoot, best bet is to leave it at home until get some serious training.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I hate to keep beating the training drum but IMHO if you aren't comfortable with your firearm and have some knowledge about when you can and can't shoot, best bet is to leave it at home until get some serious training.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

Keep beating that drum. I'm one who thinks everybody that is going to carry should have some kind of training.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Training is not required the weapon will protect you with its presence!
    It will protect you even more if you sport it OC style!

Top Bottom