Anyone else watching Obama address the nation? Say goodbye to your gun rights..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    i didnt hear that but i did hear him admit, no law is going to stop these things from happening

it was just like his campaign, we need to change. blah blah blah

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    He built that up pretty well then paused right before saying the words. I wonder if it was written, and he just couldn't muster the gull to say the words. Either way, all I heard was that he would impart some sort of gun legislation without regard for anything or one else using executive order.

ChevyMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    I agree, he is going to try and do what he wants without regard to our constitution and our rights as citizens.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    He built that up pretty well then paused right before saying the words. I wonder if it was written, and he just couldn't muster the gull to say the words. Either way, all I heard was that he would impart some sort of gun legislation without regard for anything or one else using executive order.

I think he won't say it until its been pushed through... He is too smart to spill the beans and deal with the backlash and lobbying until its ready.

My guess is sometime soon they will just hit us with it... The NRA needs to get vocal really quick.

Also, there was a thread on here about writing your Congressmen, politicians etc...

If you have plans to purchase another firearm... now would be a good time.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    "Can we honestly say that we're doing enough to safeguard our children? ... The answer is no--we'll have to change. This is the fourth time (blah blah) mass shootings (blah blah) ... We can't tolerate this anymore. We must change." -Obama

It is always for the children. Yes, this is a gun ban pre-emptive speech. While he admits no single law will prevent such tragedies, he says we must try. So it will be feel good laws, like the 94 AWB, punishing innocent and responsible gun owners because of the actions of a criminal. He doesn't care if the laws make any difference, he just wants to do SOMETHING to look like a hero.

g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    He can care less since he cant get re elected what does he have to lose?

Exactly. He doesn't care about how unconstitional it may be. I'm very upset about all of this. I'm upset and saddened about the horrible loss of life of those children and adults. I'm also upset that people cannot see what needs to be done to help keep this sort of thing from happening in the future. The ways that this could have been stopped/avoided is if that young man had gotten whatever help he needed, and if teachers could have been armed and able to stop him before he could hurt anyone.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom