Anyone else watching Obama address the nation? Say goodbye to your gun rights..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Ipeachy:

I didn't know they had confirmed he had a mental health illness which would make him dangerous with a weapon, moreso than any other person intent on causing harm. He could have had ADHD, which made him unsuitable for mainstream education.

I also didn't catch that they released how he obtained the guns (which initial reports said that the rifle was in the car, and that he only had the two pistols). Perhaps he tortured his mother until she opened the safe/gave up the combination/key location...

There are many facets to the case, but this direct issue is the challenge to Constitutional rights which the nation will likely be facing in the very near future.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    and still some will surrender their weapons as they did in Nazi Germany "for the greater good"

They deserve what they have coming.....

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Why isn't anyone addressing the real issue for this tragedy? It's that a woman with a son who has mental health issues allowed him access to her guns. It's not about the type of weapons owned by individuals but in the personal responsibility you have for the safe keeping of all weapons.

You know that she allowed him to have access to her firearms? He was 20. Even without permission or access, he was plenty smart enough to figure out how to get what he wanted.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Why isn't anyone addressing the real issue for this tragedy? It's that a woman with a son who has mental health issues allowed him access to her guns. It's not about the type of weapons owned by individuals but in the personal responsibility you have for the safe keeping of all weapons.

"allow access".

Sure looks like he was willing to kill to get access.

Doubt a security cabinet or safe would have done much outside of maybe make the killing of the kids take place a little later.

Hajisc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   1
    Oct 11, 2012
    Westville,In.
    My wife brought to my attention that the prediction of nostadamus was not the end of the world but the end of the world as we know it. I don't believe in armageddon or the world is going to end next Friday but my gut feels major changes coming. The antigun side is going to play this for all it's worth . Everyone stay cool but br aware of possible rapid change. The EXECUTIVE ORDER possibility probable bothers me the most. There seemed to be a lot of innuendo in his speech, especially when he stated the no ones freedoms are going to stand in the way of his saving the children. He finally has the ammo he needs.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    My wife brought to my attention that the prediction of nostadamus was not the end of the world but the end of the world as we know it. I don't believe in armageddon or the world is going to end next Friday but my gut feels major changes coming. The antigun side is going to play this for all it's worth . Everyone stay cool but br aware of possible rapid change. The EXECUTIVE ORDER possibility probable bothers me the most. There seemed to be a lot of innuendo in his speech, especially when he stated the no ones freedoms are going to stand in the way of his saving the children. He finally has the ammo he needs.

I'm right there with you. It makes me very uneasy to think about what lies ahead.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    He is about to drive another nail into our country's coffin.

How could 1/2 of this country have voted for him?

Who else were you suppose to vote for? Romney? He came out saying he respected what Obama had done and would also be for an AWB. He had no job plan other than to assure you that you'd have a job.

I didn't vote for either of the idiots but until people stopping voting for garbage, all we're going to get is garbage.

racer77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    it made me sick to watch that speach... using peoples emotions for political agenda. just sickening...

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    You might be thinking ....

.... of the group R.E.M. and "TheEndOfTheWorldsWeKnowIt" from late 80-s. Or JamesEarlGray Group of the late 60-s. The Grays only had the one hit. (purple in here)
    My wife brought to my attention that the prediction of nostadamus was not the end of the world but the end of the world as we know it. The EXECUTIVE ORDER possibility probable bothers me the most. There seemed to be a lot of innuendo in his speech, especially when he stated the no ones freedoms are going to stand in the way of his saving the children. He finally has the ammo he needs.

Last edited:

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I would look for the Executive orders to start flying Dec 22. If not before. It will be the adoption of the Federal Reserve all over again. Wait til Congress in on Christmas break and make it happen without them. Since he is so fond of EO.

I have a duty to defend my children. And I will.

Top Bottom