• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    Just started reading Rough Riders by Mark Lee Gardner. Its a story about TR and the RR. Pretty good so far. Its from 2016 and only $1.99 for the Kindle!

How is it with a kindle? Been thinking about getting one (cheaper than buying actual books) but I was worried that eventually you will run out of space on the device. I'm still mixed on the idea. One min I'm for it and the next I'm not.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    My twitter is from the birds outside the library window, my kindle is in the fireplace, if I have facebook it's because I fell asleep while reading...;)

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    How is it with a kindle? Been thinking about getting one (cheaper than buying actual books) but I was worried that eventually you will run out of space on the device. I'm still mixed on the idea. One min I'm for it and the next I'm not.

Space? That is NOT a problem on a Kindle. I have over 300 (both full and sample) book s on it. Mostly they are full books. No space issues. And if you do have issues, just delete one. YOu can download it from your Library (Amazon Cloud account) later.

I have the cheapest one available. WiFi not data plan. I think it was maybe $75 "with ads" but they only show when you start up. Lots of free and inexpensive books available...

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    Space? That is NOT a problem on a Kindle. I have over 300 (both full and sample) book s on it. Mostly they are full books. No space issues. And if you do have issues, just delete one. YOu can download it from your Library (Amazon Cloud account) later.

I have the cheapest one available. WiFi not data plan. I think it was maybe $75 "with ads" but they only show when you start up. Lots of free and inexpensive books available...

Damn. I didn't realize that you could fit that many books on there. Interesting....very interesting. I've seen even books for like 5 bucks instead of a soft copy for like 12

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Damn. I didn't realize that you could fit that many books on there. Interesting....very interesting. I've seen even books for like 5 bucks instead of a soft copy for like 12

Seems like $9.99 to $14.99 is pretty standard pricing. But there are LOTs of books from new authors, or very old books that can be had either free or for $0.99 to $6.99. "Freebooksy" is a good email service that lists free e-books everyday.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    Seems like $9.99 to $14.99 is pretty standard pricing. But there are LOTs of books from new authors, or very old books that can be had either free or for $0.99 to $6.99. "Freebooksy" is a good email service that lists free e-books everyday.

Hell ya. Thanks for the info. After having about 20 or so physical books. I'm statting to kinda reevaluate the book hoarding crisis most people have

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    You can put a micro SD into the Kindle paperwhite I have, and increase its capacity. I don't remember whether the limit is 8G, but I'm pretty sure that's what's in it, and I like to max them out. I have a 200G micro SD in my phone, because that's what you can get.

JoshuaS4227

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2018
    Greenfield
    Reading has always been a passion of mine. I have a kindle that we are teaching our daughter to use as she devours books quickly. Lots of fantasy & sci-fi, though I’ll read anything that catches my eye. Freestufftimes.com has a list daily of free ebooks. Read some great books and found some awesome authors that way.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I can't read on digital devices, get all my books used from abebooks.com for 3-5 bucks. Ill occasionally buy something new by Steven Pinker or Michael Lewis. Otherwise Malcolm Gladwell, Oliver sacks, David eagleman, Sam Harris are my favorite authors I've read recently. The only fiction I really got into was everything Kurt Vonnegut, it's easy to read/get into the fiction books but I more enjoy the knowledge gained from the non fiction.
    Currently reading the abridged Gulag archipelago.

jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    I don’t know if you know but if you have a smart phone you can down load books for free from the library you have a card to

The app is called overdrive. It’s free Has audio books too

The app can be used on many tablets as well

I have 3 different library’s I get books from due to being in my area and the library allowing me to get a card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I don’t know if you know but if you have a smart phone you can down load books for free from the library you have a card to

The app is called overdrive. It’s free Has audio books too

The app can be used on many tablets as well

I have 3 different library’s I get books from due to being in my area and the library allowing me to get a card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overdrive is great. I've used it in the past, but want to mention a newer one that seems to have supplanted it. "Libby" another free library app. Works with your library card for both ebooks and "audio" books. Seems to work better than Overdirve - I have both and use Libby almost exclusively now. You can get the ebooks onto your Kindle as well from it. Just another step to the process.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    The last two books I read were The Men Who Lost America by Andrew O"Shaughnessy
    There is a YT video copy of a recent BBC show on George III that I just watched yesterday. This fellow was in it. The upshot that might interest you: ALL of Georges' papers have been digitized and placed online for anyone to read.

Top Bottom