Anyone ever bought a handgun just because. . .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    of how cool it looked?

I know without a doubt I shoot the S&W M&P 9mm better than any other gun I have ever owned.

However, I find I am wanting to buy a Beretta 92FS (and a backup) for two simple reasons:

1. It has some of the best "lines" of any handgun in history in my opinion, and

2. Countless characters in many of my favorite films carried the Beretta 92FS (Det. Martin Riggs, Det. John McClane, Ethan Hunt, the Boondock Saints, Chow Yun Fat in various roles, Leon the Professional, Neo, and many others).

Anyone else have this tendency? I have bought and sold MANY handguns because I see one in a movie or television show and then decide I'd like to own that gun. It's an illness, I'm sure, but an awfully fun one!

The Beretta thing comes after I recently saw Lethal Weapon again!!! I have bought and sold four Beretta 92FSs in the past ten years!

Vanguard.45

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Picked up a Browning 10/71 just because it was a nickel Browning and said "buy me" so I did.

Vanguard.45, there is another reason to get a Beretta 92FS because they are more than just a pretty face! Accurate, reliable, and yes, just down right movie cool! :D :D

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Special ordered a Safari Arms Matchmaster because I loved it in Wanted. Have always talked about making it look like the one from wanted, but I don't know if it will ever happen.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I, too, got a Beretta because I wanna be RIGGS!

On a related note, girlfriend has agreed to name my firstborn William Wallace Gibson ''my last name''

We'll see if she goes through with it...

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I once bought a Taurus PT-25 just "because." I still wish I had it. It wasn't really useful for anything, but functioned reliably and I liked the way it looked/felt. I plan to buy another one, this time in nickel finish, for the same reason: "Just because."

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I once had a Taurus Pt-99 built on machines that were used to make the original Beretta 92's it was ok, but wouldn't buy another one or a Beretta

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    IMHO the 92FS are one of the best most accurate pistols I have shot.

Agree completely - not to mention perfect fit and finish, feels better in my hand than just about anything, and so reliable!
    My blue 92FS is my go to 9. Now all I need is an INOX!

I also have a INOX 96FS that I love just as much:D

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    of how cool it looked?

I know without a doubt I shoot the S&W M&P 9mm better than any other gun I have ever owned.

However, I find I am wanting to buy a Beretta 92FS (and a backup) for two simple reasons:

1. It has some of the best "lines" of any handgun in history in my opinion, and

2. Countless characters in many of my favorite films carried the Beretta 92FS (Det. Martin Riggs, Det. John McClane, Ethan Hunt, the Boondock Saints, Chow Yun Fat in various roles, Leon the Professional, Neo, and many others).

Anyone else have this tendency? I have bought and sold MANY handguns because I see one in a movie or television show and then decide I'd like to own that gun. It's an illness, I'm sure, but an awfully fun one!

The Beretta thing comes after I recently saw Lethal Weapon again!!! I have bought and sold four Beretta 92FSs in the past ten years!

Vanguard.45
    Yeah, well I used to do that up until a few years ago. Any gun I buy now I will keep till I die. I have let some good ones go, in the past, that I would be hard pressed to find again. Stupid.:(

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    If your really into Beretta 92FS' then I would suggest the Vertec line..... same style as the original but more slimline...... I've wanted one FOREVER but they are so damned expensive......

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Another nice thing about the Beretta is that they allow you to mix and match parts to make your special one of a kind, that still shoots as accurately as one unaltered directly from the factory.
    My Inox frame, M9 slide, barrel from another pistol, small parts from about 6 other pistols plus a couple new parts directly from Beretta or CDNN. This Franken92 will still shoot one ragged hole from 15 yards!

picture.php

Top Bottom