Anyone ever bought a handgun just because. . .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Beretta 92FS is on my list of guns to acquire. It just looks cool. I also want a Desert Eagle because they just look wicked. Plus they're fun to shoot!

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A couple years ago I bought a Kershaw Rainbow Leek folder that I carry daily
    kershaw.jpg

About a year ago I walked in to the local gun shop and they just got in a Sg P238 in the Rainbow Titanium finsih.
    rainbow.jpg

And I ended up buying the Sig "Just Because" it matched my knife. My wife was proud, she said it was the only time in my life that I 'accessorized' while shopping.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I sometimes buy colts just because they are colts. I bought a 4 inch python and a shoulder holster to go with it knowing I'd never carry it. I bought a sig mosquito yesterday just because it was a good deal. I've never been a glock guy but I've recently found myself looking at the 27's

Last edited:

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I once had a Taurus Pt-99 built on machines that were used to make the original Beretta 92's it was ok, but wouldn't buy another one or a Beretta

Interesting statement... A Taurus pt-99 is defintely not a Beretta 92 in fit/finish - I don;t care if they made them on similar or the same machines.

Have you ever owned a Beretta? Just curious why would you never buy a Beretta?:dunno:

Knuckle Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    NWI
    Agreed, on Beretta fit/finish. My brother has an Inox 92FS and that gun is one of the nicest I've ever had the privledge of shooting. Feels good in the hands, accurate, and looks good too. I had been eye-balling a Storm w/rotating barrel, I really wanted one, till I saw this dirty girl :pimp:.............(SA EMP) , I already had a reliable pocket pistol, and a reliable "gangsta" subcompact. This one was my impulse put-on-lawaway gun,.....yeah I put it on lawaway,....keeps me from feeling guilty about dropping a bunch of mula on something I don't NEED.:dunno:

Last edited:

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    This one was my impulse put-on-lawaway gun,.....yeah I put it on lawaway,....keeps me from feeling guilty about dropping a bunch of mula on something I don't NEED.:dunno:

Hilarious! I have played the same mind games with myself to justify a purchase! For me it was a Rizzini O/U 20ga.:D

BTW - nice SA!!!!!

Farslayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Yeah, I think all my gun purchases have been just because. I recently bought this just because I felt I needed a .357 revolver in my arsenal.
    Gp100.jpg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    I kinda' do that with series 70 (and pre-70) Colt 1911's, and some other makes that don't have a slide-mounted safety.

Garrett72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Granger, In
    As a matter of fact I bought a s&w E series 1911 today partly because my last name starts with E!! I wanted a 1911 anyways and when I saw the E series it had to come home with me.

Knuckle Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    NWI
    Hilarious! I have played the same mind games with myself to justify a purchase! For me it was a Rizzini O/U 20ga.:D

BTW - nice SA!!!!!
    Thanks,.....as for your Rizzini:bowdown:,....you have good taste, I think i just heard my Rem1100 get jealous (is that possible?).

Yeah, I think all my gun purchases have been just because. I recently bought this just because I felt I needed a .357 revolver in my arsenal.
    Gp100.jpg

Farslayer that is one bad-@ss wheel gun. Very cool.

Silvertree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    I am sure there are several people, myself included, who have a Walther PPK because of a fairly well known British spy.

Barbecue

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    The only one's I've purchased have been for HD/purpose, but there are a couple I like the look of and plan to buy soon.

Top Bottom