• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I pulled into the driveway this morning and saw something I've never seen before, a white squirrel. I tried to get a decent video but it was difficult as it kept running away. I got a good up close look at it before it ran off. It was very white with a very slight reddish tint on its back and black eyes so I assume its not an albino as I understand. If I understand correctly it is an eastern gray squirrel with a genetic quirk.

Also, should I report this to DNR since they are not extremely popular?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHTBJ1rpDys

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have seen black ones. I have seen ones with a white tail or a mostly white tail but I have never seen an all white one.

I think you need to put the crosshairs on it. I bet it would taste like chicken.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I got one mounted that I took in Louisiana.

He is a little grey looking now (he went through a house fire) but he is solid white with black eyes, so not an albino.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    tumblr_m8x5zaZFAi1rxkjdjo1_250.jpg

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    Jesus Christ, NO. Never report anything to any part of Govt. IF it occurred ON YOUR property.
    they may find out your yard is being used as a nesting site for a rare and endagered pigmy worm. you will no longer be able to mow your yard,let the dogs and or kids out to play.your property will be siezed and you will be out on your ass. if you think im joking ask the people of california? and why the fires are always so bad. a special animal live in some dead trees and those trees cant be cut down and since dead trees burn easily wammo wide spread havoc.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    6 feet of unburned fuel on the ground and living on steep ridges does not help either. Fire burns much faster uphill, even without coastal winds to help.

These days my old "stomping grounds" of ridges and ravines filled with dry scrub, horny toads, skunks and rattlers is nothing but multi-million dollar homes. The funny thing is 40 years ago our Dad said it would happen.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ive seen a white squirrel around my school and funny thing is all the other ones are black! never seen another place with black squirrels running around everywhere.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    squirrel

Where I'm from in OH we had only black squirrels. It wasn't until I moved to IN that I saw a squirrel that wasn't all black.

Jason

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    At Beech Bend park in Bowling Green, Kentucky there was a large population of Albino squirells...I do not know what happened to them but Beech Bend closed and it was a very cool place...I got throttled by a monkey there when I got too close to the cage...I have a brief memory of it and Mom and Dad confirmed that it happened...Man...The 70's...When zoo's were zoo's...:D

Top Bottom