• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xcalibur

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Never encountered a white squirrel. Seen black ones in Saugatuck, Michigan. Did find a whitish mole a few years back. Taken in the Lawrence county area......kinda interesting.
    picture.php

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    haven't seen any locally, but have seen many in north carolina. some friends who live in brevard, nc even sent us a shirt for our youngin that has a white squirrel on it since we were so shocked when we noticed them.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    i've seen both black and white squirrels in rockport,in.

Yep. Just a bit down the road in Grandview, IN and you will see only white squirrels- a bunch of them.

At Beech Bend park in Bowling Green, Kentucky there was a large population of Albino squirells...I do not know what happened to them but Beech Bend closed and it was a very cool place...I got throttled by a monkey there when I got too close to the cage...I have a brief memory of it and Mom and Dad confirmed that it happened...Man...The 70's...When zoo's were zoo's...:D

LOL! Had some good times at Beech Bend growing up!

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I took my daughter on an Ohio college tour last year and we visited 6 places. In one of them we saw lots of white squirrels on campus. Have never seen them before or since.

jjordan2840

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    lafayette
    Ok, this sounds strange to me and may not be true, but I read somewhere that a white squirrel is the offspring of black and gray squirrels. Again, I don't know how true it is.

~Jeff~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Never seen a white one but my hometown of Marysville, KS is knows as "Black Squirrel City" so I've seen thousands of black ones.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    There are lots of black squirrels at Mounds state park, Anderson.

When I talked to someone in the nature center she said that before Indiana was widely settled the black squirrels outnumbered the gray ones.

browning84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Yeah i have never seen a white squirrell.. but did see a hairless squirrell when i was a kid hunting with my dad... i was afraid to pick it up... and the weird thing is, the skin didnt appear to have a rash or anything to cause the hair to fall out

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    You must be gettin soft back in the day that would have been cooked over an open fire and we would have made a squirrel skin medicine satchel out of the rest!

Top Bottom