Anyone ever shoot a hole in their house?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjklein4470

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Carmel
    Here are the pictures.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/erso3cfobibvihf/IMG_1381.JPG
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvt56jubj39ipym/IMG_1382.JPG
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kddbpypaxhw5ezj/IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1381.JPG

IMG_1381.JPG

IMG_1383.JPG

hang that ugly clock outside over the hole and call it fixed

mugable

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I can't remember all the details but my friend's dad had purchased a new 1911 and wanted to show it off.
    My friend had just woken up, looked at it, set it down and went off to the bathroom.
    In between leaving and coming back, his dad thought he was done looking at it and reloaded it, cocked and locked, and back into the gun case.
    My friend went right to the gun case, still groggy and attempted to drop the hammer while he was checking it out for the second time.
    His thumb slipped off the hammer and bam. Through a wall and embedded into a window sill in the next room. He was sitting next to his grandma at the time. Darn near gave her a heart attack.
    He told me that until that point, 99.9 percent of the time he had always safety checked a gun whenever he picked it up. The one time he doesn't he gets a negligent discharge.
    He owned up to it though. Didn't try to blame it on being sleepy. He was just being careless and got lucky no one was hurt. He took a short break from firearms for a while, heh.

Meyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    I sold a 9mm to a guy I knew from the Atterbury range, this was about 10 years ago. Had been to the range twice at the same time I was there, he was interested in the gun, sold it to him. We traded calls a couple times after that talking about going shooting again but never got around to it and I lost touch with him. He lived in Greenwood and I lived on the north side.

5 years ago, the cops knock on my door. They asked if I was the owner of a certain 9mm that was registered to me. I told them the story (but had forgotten the guys last name).

They tell me he was living in an apt in greenwood and had the gun. Apparently he was cleaning it and it went off. A round went through the wall into his neighbors closet. She obviously freaked out and called the police.

The police left and I laughed.

BtG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    west central
    Unfortunately, I have done it once. I was practice drawling with my Beretta 9mm. Good thing I was in a brick home. The round didn't penetrate and the only thing that needed repair was the drywall.

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    I don't agree. A ND comes from some form of negligence. An AD is just an ND that someone won't step up to responsibility for. If you keep your guns in good working condition, maintain them well, shoot quality ammunition and follow the safety rules, you will not have a ND. Each ND has a failure in it somewhere. You may call it an accident but that's just whitewashed negligence.

I had a new firearm slam fire on me after shooting 100 or so rounds at the range.
    I was obeying all the rules, finger off the trigger, gun pointed down range, racked the slide and BANG.
    I tried to get the firearm in question to repeat the slam fire but couldn't.
    I tore it down completely and inspected it for faulty parts and couldn't find any.
    I sent the firearm in and the manufacturer inspected it and said they couldn't find anything wrong with the firearm.
    I don't consider this a ND or an AD I just consider it what it was, a slam fire.

Top Bottom