Anyone going to the 1500 just to laugh at the madness?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I'm going because a friend is going... and if by chance I happen to find a 18" 870 barrel and a 2 shot mag extension... it would be worth it.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Maybe I could see if I can sell my WASR for $550, surely the dealers will want $600 with no cleaning rod! :laugh:

If I didn't have plans seeing my grandpa this weekend I'd be there selling an AK to fund an AR upper...no better time to get one I suspect.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    might go to check out for any ammo deals and books:), then it's over to the horse track and meet up with the wife and win a millon dollors:rolleyes::dunno:

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I have always looked forward to the 1500 with a since of "rush" . :D
    After the last one though, the "rush" has been replaced with a knot in the stomach other wise known as dread .:(
    There were just to many people. WAY to many!
    I know I don't have to go , I will plan to go just like I always have for the last umpteen years .
    However , If something comes up that prevents me from going , I'm not sure I'm going to get to upset about it. ..:twocents:

I have a really bad feeling about this one . The show's promoters mistreatment of the masses pushed many people to a point that some were beginning to loose their "cool'' .
    I will be praying for the best , but be prepared for the worst...

Bisbobble

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Carmel/Zionsville
    I posted a question in another thread about going for the first time. After all the comments and suggestions, I HAVE TO GO. I have to see this grand experiment that combines a large volume of humanity, discount firearms, and BO. If nothing else, I'll have a new appreciation for the local gun store I guess.

starbury33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    I desperately need some bulk ammos and haven't found any deal that isn't as good as ones at the show. At best, it would be the same price after shipping, excluding the admission price for the show.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    How do you know what the prices will be?

Because there are a couple ammo guys there that bring the same stuff and keep it priced relatively low (compared to everyone else there.) at every 1500. They go through a few pallets of bulk ammo by Sunday usually.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I would agree that the 1500 is the cheapest place to buy ammo that have found consistent......if anyone knows a place that's comparible please share here as I was going to make another post about it....but I spend a lot of time online and looking for best deals possible and haven't seen anywhere that regularly has ammo cheaper than the show
    ??

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll go Saturday on St Pattys day (I'll be there when doors open like usual) grab what I need to get. No window shopping for this guy. In and out then to drink some green beer and Jamison :D

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    ill be there all weekend. ill have some ammo priced resonabably, scopes, rings, binos,spotters priced lowed than you will ever find them online, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff im cleaning out of my gun room.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    ill be there all weekend. ill have some ammo priced resonabably, scopes, rings, binos,spotters priced lowed than you will ever find them online, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff im cleaning out of my gun room.
    what kind of ammo and prices do you usually have.....I'm interested in bulk buys of .223/5.56 and 9mm

Top Bottom