Anyone going to the 1500 just to laugh at the madness?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Belt99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Anderson
    I am going for the first time in many, many years. I am going with my brother and a friend. My main goal is to buy some cheap ammo and get ideas and/or buy a new rifle to be gifted to my father.

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Going for the first time in at least two years. Going to see the madness but also there are a few guns I wanna check out and one or two I might buy if the prices are right. Cant leave till a little later on Sat so Ill have to fight the crowds :(

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    5 going out of my group. I am only tagging along with the newer shooters, to provide support and advice. Might pick up a few ammo cans, maybe a carry holster. Always an eye out for good deals tho. Were going early saturday.

HCRMPD1

Marksman
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Shelbyville
    I usually go, if there is a specific firearm that I cannot seem to find anywhere else. However, I believe that I will just sit this one out.

The last Indy 1500 did me in. I like to barter, negotiate, or just plain horse trade; but this last show some of the sellers (not just dealers) just plain would not budge. Now, before some haters read this and get his or her undies in a twist, I will add that it certainly within that sellers' rights to do that. What I don't agree with is some of the bull crap lies they come up with. Example: I observed one seller (may or may not have been a dealer) buy a pistol from a gentleman and quoted him a price at about 60% of KBB. About 30 minutes later this same seller had an interested buyer. the seller told the potential buyer that he had about $120.00 more in the pistol than he really did. Needless to say, he lost the sale because he would not budge off of that $120.00 increase. I didn't realize that he was trying to make his table rent off of one transaction...

Oh well, back to my original point....gonna sit this one out. Save my money to go to one of them rural county 4-H building gun shows. Might find a few people that judge the value of an item as "what one man is willing to pay and another man is willing to accept".

Happy hunting to those that are going.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I was at the last one too, and it was crazy, we could barely move down the isles on Saturday. Because I have Friday off work, I was thinking of going then. Is it less busy on Friday?

AMMO USER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Well I have never been there, but my son in law said he would drive us there, if I wanted to go. He was wanting to buy a AR, and I am looking for another M1 carbine, and some ammo. Is this show that bad, long waiting lines to get in, and then to crowded to see anything, or what? Someone please explain more.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Well I have never been there, but my son in law said he would drive us there, if I wanted to go. He was wanting to buy a AR, and I am looking for another M1 carbine, and some ammo. Is this show that bad, long waiting lines to get in, and then to crowded to see anything, or what? Someone please explain more.

deals can be had, but i personally have had a hard time finding them due to the huge crowds. And the dealers really can't give you their full attention because they have to continuously monitor their inventory.

Honestly if you want an AR, I'd buy online. I have never seen a LGS come anywhere near online prices. For example, DSG Arms had Colt 6920s for $945 shipped. And of course, the 1500 is full of people selling junk products to unsuspecting people. Definitely buyer beware.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i would also add that the parking and admission fees, the ghetto neighborhood, the coon fingering of guns at the door and at least 1 ND per show really don't make me want to go.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

the biggest traffic jams seem to be around the handgun dealers. You got all the wannabes checking out the side sites on the glocks. The really cool stuff, the c&r stuff, isn't typically too crowded.:rockwoot:

starbury33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Does anyone know who exactly has the best ammo prices at the show?

I've been getting mine from Defense Ammo at the show. IIRC, 9mm was $120 (or it might have been $130) for 500 rounds (brass) and .223 is $160 for 500 (brass) at the last show. Might be off a couple of bucks...

purd002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I was at the last one too, and it was crazy, we could barely move down the isles on Saturday. Because I have Friday off work, I was thinking of going then. Is it less busy on Friday?

If you end up going on friday give me a heads up maybe I'll head down. Friday is normally a little easier to handle :D

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Not likely, it is the "madness" you wrote about, that keeps me from going back. Sure one or two items I would like to have, I usualy find at the show, but..........none of its worth the crowds, the smells, the parking and show fees, come to think about it, I wont be attending the State Fair for those reasons either.

Top Bottom