• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    Magnaflow H-pipe and cat-back. This is actually the second system. The Dynomax fit SUCKED.

I have never had any luck with a dynomax or a flowmaster system....

Magnaflow is the best in my opinion....I went with the stainless and as I said 100000 miles later, and it still looks and sounds like new.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I have a straight pipe on mine. But its only a supercharged nissan v6, so with it sounds like a normal truck does, back with factory exhaust it was more or less silent.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I use to have a SLP catback. It isn't annoying unless you let it sit in the drone-zone. Only wanted to do it at certain rmps. Otherwise, louder exhausts aren't that annoying.

The SLP catbacks can be especially nasty with the right engine. May I ask what vehicle you had the SLP catback on?

As far as aftermarket exhaust, it really depends on the vehicle and how that exhaust will enhance the sound. I've always found exhaust soundbites online to be a poor indication of what it will sound like on a similar vehicle in person. It all depends on what your personal preference is really. I can't imagine a catback with a factory exhaust manifold on a straight six being too unruly though. If you want an aftermarket catback, just hang on to your factory catback and switch them if you don't like the new one.

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I had a Flowmaster system set up on my 2005 Dodge Ram. It sounded good, but I wanted louder. I had the convertor and the "H" pipe removed and ran 3" straight pipes with flared chrome tips on each side. It is very loud now. I can not sneak up on anybody, my neighbor asked me the other day where I go at 3:45 am every morning, I said "WORK" he said I can hear your truck fire up every morning.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ive built my own exhaust systems, On my Cummins of course it was just straight piped, on my gas truck I just used new pipe with borla mufflers( they are pricey but man they sound good, an no drone)

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I had a 4.3L S-10 that I had a 2.5" in, dual 2.25" out Flowmaster 40 Series on, with the pipes exiting right behind the rear tires, tucked down and out, barely peeked below the body panel, sounded NICE, especially from a V6.

No annoying drone on the inside, just sounded a lot deeper.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Huh...

My CJ was a Factory CAT and Muffler delete Vehicle. SO nothing but straight pipes on it...

On a side note I am thinking of putting a Single Muffler on it...

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I run a Thrush on my Dodge Dakota. It isn't like running a glass pack, more of a muted sub sonic rumble. It's just enough for folks to know it's not a four banger but it not at all obnoxious.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I run a flowmaster on the jetta, nice low rumble if anything when I am driving like a normal person, little bit louder german rumble when I get on it but definitely no rice-a-roni.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Dual exhaust on my Dodge both are 12inch glasspacks cherry bombs.. I am that guy. haha.

glasspack.gif
    tumblr_legqa0reYa1qdlkgg.gif

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    OK my here is :twocents: if you wheel your jeep how pissed are you going to be if you smash a $300 exhaust system. Quadratec has a cheap cat back system and I bought a 40 series Flowmaster for my TJ and total was around $150.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Does anyone run aftermarket exhaust on their vehicle?

What do you have? Do you ever get tired of the louder noise?

I'm thinking of getting one for my Jeep. And I'm really liking Banks, but I've heard guys say they get tired of listening to the loud noise after awhile.

I had a CJ5 beginning when I was 18 and ending in my mid-20s when I kept blowing parts due to a souped 304.

I installed fenderwell exit headers (I do not remember what brand, but they were ceramic and tuned) and bolted to them were Cherry Bombs -- one on each side. I had a nice mellow sound at idle and screamed when I got on it.

Holley 4bbl carb, stub stack, Edelbrock intake manifold, ported and polished heads, Crane cam, Mallory ignition... and much more I'm forgetting.

Might look at Flowmaster if you want to keep a stock look. Still, get headers, Headman tuned if you can afford it. They increase evacuation by using one exhaust pulse to pull the next out, like a train. Forget the I6's firing order for sure... is it 165432 or just 123456?

Oh, yeah, I didn't get tired of the loud noise, as I had a louder stereo! :D

Josh

Top Bottom