Anyone have eyes on small pistol primers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Eh, get a flintlock.
    Primers are greatly over rated any how.

https://i.imgur.com/5RgFWHr.mp4

5RgFWHr.mp4

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    What should he sell them for?

Im just saying that they aren’t hard to find. As far as price.... they are only worth what someone is willing to pay. I’m in the same boat as you... I have plenty and won’t be buying any for a long long time. IMO $500 for a sleeve is a crime.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Im just saying that they aren’t hard to find. As far as price.... they are only worth what someone is willing to pay. I’m in the same boat as you... I have plenty and won’t be buying any for a long long time. IMO $500 for a sleeve is a crime.

Don't forget the LTCH being showing to purchase

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Guys, for the last two years, at least, not a week went by that someone was saying "stack em deep". They were finally right. Times like these it would be interesting to see what Hornady L N L had to gloat about.

Anyway, primers don't go bad as a rule. Not going to give any advice........ Some people know what to do and other people need to be told.

Saw the ad myself, knew it would bring out the bashers.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Guys, for the last two years, at least, not a week went by that someone was saying "stack em deep". They were finally right. Times like these it would be interesting to see what Hornady L N L had to gloat about.

Anyway, primers don't go bad as a rule. Not going to give any advice........ Some people know what to do and other people need to be told.

Every time stuff has been cheap and plentiful I've been telling people to stock whatever they think they need to get them through 6 months to 2 years worth of shortages because historically that is how long these cycles last. And every time people question why would anyone need that many <whatever>.

Would I like to pay 10 cents a primer? No. But do I NEED to shoot at any given time? No. And neither do any of the bashers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Apparently they aren’t hard to find.... there is a 5k count sleeve in the classifieds right now for $500. Just an opportunistic INGO member trying to make a buck off his fellow INGOers.

This one has had a couple of ads pulled for this same crap early on when you could still actually find stuff.

We (staff) want to live by a buyer beware mind set. I hate to set market pricing but in this there are places you can go to put the screws to your fellow gun owners. Ingo is not supposed to be one of them so we are in a catch 22. Pretty much damned if we do and damned if we don't.....:dunno:

Free market forces will prevail.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

And let me set this to the record, if this thread goes the way of the last one many many people will be set out for a period if not permanently. I will not repeat this nor will I be ignored. No more Mr. Nice mouse.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    At the last show at Stout Field a few weeks ago I saw plenty of SPP for about $35/1000, which isn't too far off from what I've always paid. :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And let me set this to the record, if this thread goes the way of the last one many many people will be set out for a period if not permanently. I will not repeat this nor will I be ignored. No more Mr. Nice mouse.

[video=youtube;KN6ngThqMEs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN6ngThqMEs[/video]

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    At the last show at Stout Field a few weeks ago I saw plenty of SPP for about $35/1000, which isn't too far off from what I've always paid. :dunno:

Things have gone off the rails since then.

There are auctions on Gunbroker as already mentioned up thread that are getting well north of 100 dollars per thousand primers.

I removed the direct links to these auctions as I am not sure if it violates the rules or not.

Last edited:

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    There was an auction yesterday, jswalls.com, where the guy had cases of any primer you could imagine. I have never seen so much reloading equipment. I got 15,000 primers.

Did anyone else follow it?

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I’ve been stopping into places periodically the last couple weeks because I was down to my last 500 SPP (I know, I know, lesson learned). I’ve been able to scoop up 5k at normal retail prices. I typically prefer CCI, but had to settle for Remington and Federal. Beggars can’t be choosers.

They’re out there if you are patient and persistent.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I’ve been stopping into places periodically the last couple weeks because I was down to my last 500 SPP (I know, I know, lesson learned). I’ve been able to scoop up 5k at normal retail prices. I typically prefer CCI, but had to settle for Remington and Federal. Beggars can’t be choosers.

They’re out there if you are patient and persistent.

Ironically enough, the same was true the last time there was a shortage. There never was a time you COULDN'T get them at normal retail pricing, you just might have to wait or have a bunch of alerts and be ready to jump.

jnicol6600

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    There was an auction yesterday, jswalls.com, where the guy had cases of any primer you could imagine. I have never seen so much reloading equipment. I got 15,000 primers.

Did anyone else follow it?
    I picked up some small things and a few shotgun primers. Didn’t want to pay what the other primers went for. I didn’t realize the shortages that were going on.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I picked up some small things and a few shotgun primers. Didn’t want to pay what the other primers went for. I didn’t realize the shortages that were going on.

I dont know where you live but Crackshot Guns on 53rd st in Anderson has 4 bricks of Herters 209's for 15 bucks a brick of 1,000

Top Bottom