• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm not necessarily saying they should give more, but they get involved in issues (many times) without much personal sacrifice. It's easy for Oprah to spend a few million $$ building a school in South Africa when it's only a drop in the bucket to her. Hollywood elitists get preachy about issues they want fixed -- usually by the government. If they want it fixed then they can lead the charge and write the check.

Now THAT's a point I can agree with. Well put. Rep added.

Blessings,
    B

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I'm not necessarily saying they should give more, but they get involved in issues (many times) without much personal sacrifice. It's easy for Oprah to spend a few million $$ building a school in South Africa when it's only a drop in the bucket to her. Hollywood elitists get preachy about issues they want fixed -- usually by the government. If they want it fixed then they can lead the charge and write the check.

The point is they don't want to spend thier own money they want everyone else to be forced to give up thiers.

When it comes to charitable donations, volunteer activity, and even donating blood, it’s liberals, not conservatives, who should feel compelled to prove their compassion.

The Compassion Gap, A Review by Howard Husock

Barack Obama has a rather poor track record when it comes to charitable contributions. He consistently gave 1 percent of his income to charity. In his most charitable year, 2005, he earned $1.7 million (two and a half times what George W. Bush earned) but gave about the same dollar amount as the President.

Charity Donations and Liberal Hypocricy « The Sisyphus Files

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Question about that...
    Do Constitutional rights apply if he actually never gained (or "re-gained") citizenship?

Annie are you suggesting that is why the Dems have been working so hard to convince us that the terrorists at Gitmo have Constitutional rights, to eventually protect BHO? Brilliant!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Annie are you suggesting that is why the Dems have been working so hard to convince us that the terrorists at Gitmo have Constitutional rights, to eventually protect BHO? Brilliant!
    The idea has been kicked around at my house...but I'm not starting a pissing match at INGO. Well...I might some day...but not for this. :p

ericdean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2008
    I forgot to add....he flys a Kiowa warrior helicopter and put hellfires and rockets up the bad guys a**s in Iraq. (I played him in video games and trust me you don't want him shooting at you!

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    ericdean, everyone in my household supports your son and the rest of our boys over there 100%. They are doing great work. We keep them all in our prayers.

semiauto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    I may be the only one, but I support Obama in the upcoming election. Now just let me put my firesuit on before the flames come...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    My son is in the military and I just can't imagine Obama as Commander in Chief!

My post is not original but it is heartfelt: To your son, thank you for your service, protecting our country.

To you and his mother: Thank you for raising someone brave and upstanding enough to volunteer to do the job he does.

God bless you all. You all remain in our prayers. :patriot:

B

Top Bottom