• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlaineBug

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    NA
    I have been a very lucky individual to own this all original M1 Carbine with wood stock. Fully functional, packs a decent punch! The wood is also in phenomenal shape. I just had to share some pictures that I took last week!

ZQofit3VCeEO7P9r4vrriWkWQypjmlKTfbHgpXlkZnzdTljI6GgKW8ywVauCVguzCW3_o_2IR7JfE1CUQKKhu-vCJoCruYcvSee22oi9lELdNTCXPZFTAsllbcqpHtQ9MqMNIR2A-uh9FN1wTEWzClERoljLFodARPAYAVYVNuEDpRD7lD7AvmuSsUqy2W2LrsGMNAFg0wIe8N_SwqC5QThs_88Nuv_z5jqR1-JO3Dv9JREQfHdmSD2e8QXeRNm_YR5TfiCqvLBZHMwTrbUZwooqUTirl0SF3YAaboZ30pCCvbyd5d_m7vhc8Ni34GG82FCtKUBFqctSIPCGiydZxwtt72m3_B4-xNvVWlUuP6kQ-mJo_SB6A7MjwVyCUhH_QKdnCI6D6zmM1N4d2_fgqtpQh2Ve2RQb0P7w4dlWycpfnSaFh2lUV1xjHnKJGIaSs6uG8_vSmSUvXeMjyLvCYb4k5NzRNx5eaYIJB0HV_dTy4MjeLMsXDhMabSePpQfqUZy8DziO3RsrlKmu4-_q1rgsMCMAxu1RRvLkMavp0W9bJaoHQX8rPYZHMVshKjsxl9fBpjrzP92BHKa7FIHVc0IoLWTrooN8Szck7itMEseeQb12xRb7w-x4YKB6jWkRk7VK_9mj5OW_ZH_dkTIRHsIc3_QI6bWyjjFdrmk31b9T_mwrgEfV7wgWN_p0Vdx7vK4NgELDN7MHtFvbNpa3erRs=w542-h305-no

More pictures:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/QbyQmYxgXUvMyAbL7

Last edited:

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    I have had one since I was a kid. It's the wood stock version. I'll get it out later and take some pictures.
    It's a fun little gun with some pep to it.

BlaineBug

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    NA
    I have had one since I was a kid. It's the wood stock version. I'll get it out later and take some pictures.
    It's a fun little gun with some pep to it.

I would be interested to see it. I'm glad the first post since my revival of a 9 year old thread was rather positive!

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I've been told that the original magazines are as valuable as the rifles. I was at a gun show a couple of weeks ago and saw an original mag sitting on a dealers table. When I inquired as to the price, the dealer who didn't know me from adam, said "that piece of zink junk, it doesn't even have any guts in it, you can just have it". I thanked him and brought it home.

BlaineBug

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    NA
    I've been told that the original magazines are as valuable as the rifles. I was at a gun show a couple of weeks ago and saw an original mag sitting on a dealers table. When I inquired as to the price, the dealer who didn't know me from adam, said "that piece of zink junk, it doesn't even have any guts in it, you can just have it". I thanked him and brought it home. 

So does that mean it is more beneficial to sell the rifles and the magazines separately, because you can double your profits? That gun show dealer must have thought the magazine was real, missing the spring and follower. Your lucky day indeed.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I have had a wood stock version since the late 60's. Its only been fired a few times since I got a Daisy 880 but easily went through several thousand rounds before that. The mag and front sight are long gone. I don't recall having any trouble cocking it. My neighbor across the street in Chicago had one of those Daisy metal shrouds with the ducks rotating across it and we shot it so many times we put holes through the back of it. I doubt any kids are doing that in their driveway in Chicago these days.

BlaineBug

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    NA
    I have had a wood stock version since the late 60's. Its only been fired a few times since I got a Daisy 880 but easily went through several thousand rounds before that. The mag and front sight are long gone. I don't recall having any trouble cocking it. My neighbor across the street in Chicago had one of those Daisy metal shrouds with the ducks rotating across it and we shot it so many times we put holes through the back of it. I doubt any kids are doing that in their driveway in Chicago these days.

More like the kids in Chicago are ducking in the room while the adults play cops and robbers outside with 9 and .40.

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    That's one nice looking bb gun. I remember when I was a kid and looking at them in the mail order catalog and wishing my parents would buy me one for Christmas.

BlaineBug

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    NA
    That's one nice looking bb gun. I remember when I was a kid and looking at them in the mail order catalog and wishing my parents would buy me one for Christmas.

Indeed it is. If anyone wants to message me about it privately they are more than welcome to.

Top Bottom