Anyone shoot the Browning Hi Power suppressed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I would love to get a Practical with some Craig Spegel Delrins and Novak night sights. Even without the sights though I would be happy with it.

The thing that attracts me to the FEG is it looks like an identical clone to an early blued FN with an external extractor and FN style commander hammer.

I did own one once a long time ago but it acted like a lemon to me with crappy sear engagement so I would probably get an egw sear and possibly a cylinder and slide extractor kit if I got it.

Back in college I had a BHP I bought new. I scraped together the money. I should have kept it but, I didn't. I was stupid.

Now original used BHPs are going up in price.

I traded into my 85 BHP. If I could find another original one that I could trade into I would do that in a heartbeat but they're only going up every year more and more.

Back in the middle '90s I had a Inglis BHP I bought from a guy that I was working with when I was in Corrections. I started having problems with it and really didn't understand how easy the fix was at the time and then I got rid of it. I wish I would have kept it it was pretty cool it had the rear ladder sight.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Back in college I had a BHP I bought new. I scraped together the money. I should have kept it but, I didn't. I was stupid.

Now original used BHPs are going up in price.

I traded into my 85 BHP. If I could find another original one that I could trade into I would do that in a heartbeat but they're only going up every year more and more.

Back in the middle '90s I had a Inglis BHP I bought from a guy that I was working with when I was in Corrections. I started having problems with it and really didn't understand how easy the fix was at the time and then I got rid of it. I wish I would have kept it it was pretty cool it had the rear ladder sight.
    Man that Inglis would be nice. I've always liked them with the shoulder stock and tangent sight together.

I used to own an Inglis years ago that I got from a fellow member here that had the fixed rear sight. I really miss it because of the WW2 stuff I have collected now. I traded it for a Lower Saxony Police surplus B grade P7 that I also greatly miss now due to their asking prices today. >_<

As for the price of BHP's they are indeed silly high now. I felt I paid to much for my Police surplus a few years ago with it having the import mark on it but I still love it for being a real Belgium made gun. The story on it is it belonged to a motorcycle cop in Belgium which I think is pretty cool too.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    That is pretty cool. I had God I can't believe I'm going to say this at one time, two H&K p7s, a p7 M13 and a Idaho Fish and Game H&K p9s in 45 ACP. And like an idiot I sold all of them in the '90s. I would give anything to have the M13 the p9s and at least one of the p7s back

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    That is pretty cool. I had God I can't believe I'm going to say this at one time, two H&K p7s, a p7 M13 and a Idaho Fish and Game H&K p9s in 45 ACP. And like an idiot I sold all of them in the '90s. I would give anything to have the M13 the p9s and at least one of the p7s back
    Ouch yeah you have me beat on guns to miss. I have only gotten the chance to see a M13 a handful of times at gun shows. The P9S is a neat gun I want to try my can on.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Ouch yeah you have me beat on guns to miss. I have only gotten the chance to see a M13 a handful of times at gun shows. The P9S is a neat gun I want to try my can on.
    All of them were solid shooters. The p7 series are probably one of the only guns that I would classify as surgically accurate. They were just that accurate. The p9s was no slouch. It was a great gun when I got it it came with the gun 10 magazines and a complete Idaho Fish and Game belt rig. They were issued guns and they had the ifg logo on the slide. The belt had a holster with a thumb brake and three dual magazine pouches.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    All of them were solid shooters. The p7 series are probably one of the only guns that I would classify as surgically accurate. They were just that accurate. The p9s was no slouch. It was a great gun when I got it it came with the gun 10 magazines and a complete Idaho Fish and Game belt rig. They were issued guns and they had the ifg logo on the slide. The belt had a holster with a thumb brake and three dual magazine pouches.
    I agree about the P7, mine was a supremely accurate pistol when fired with either one or two hands. I really would like one in APW Cogan or Ford's brushed hard chrome.

My understanding is the P9S has little rollers in it like a MP5. I find that very interesting about the gun.

A guy on armslist has a VP70Z that caught my eye but I hate the price. Its 950. It would be a nice one to collect though as being the first polymer framed pistol.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I agree about the P7, mine was a supremely accurate pistol when fired with either one or two hands. I really would like one in APW Cogan or Ford's brushed hard chrome.

My understanding is the P9S has little rollers in it like a MP5. I find that very interesting about the gun.

A guy on armslist has a VP70Z that caught my eye but I hate the price. Its 950. It would be a nice one to collect though as being the first polymer framed pistol.

That is true about the p9s. It operated basically on the same principle of the MP5 it had a modified roller delayed system. It was very soft recoiling in 45 acp. If I had my druthers I would have liked for it to have been the 9mm version but it was up at the old keisler's gun shop in Jeffersonville where they got it in on a police trade. It was the only one they had. So I jumped on it.

I thought I wanted a vp70 as well until I tried the trigger. I don't know how old you are but when I was a kid we used to have these Pistols that kind of looked like a VP 70 that shot out little disks and had a long heavy trigger when you pulled it then it would launch these little discs out. It was hard to pull for a toy. Now the vp70 trigger pull was about 500 times worse than that. Very long very heavy and then it would reach its break off. You really had to get used to the trigger.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Very long very heavy and then it would reach its break off. You really had to get used to the trigger.
    Yeah I really would like to try out a P9S. The rollers have me wondering if it would help the pistol with being fired suppressed.

I figured the trigger on the VP70Z was bad with similar stories I've heard and dry firing one in person feels pretty bad. It's mainly the reason why I hate the asking price being at 950 because I know the gun will suck as an actual shooter.

I do however like it also for it's movie and video game references. :D

Top Bottom