• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    New 7th Circuit case. The holding wasn't so interesting to me, but the underlying facts were:

"Beginning on October 10, he visited a firearms and ammunition dealer, Indy Trading Post, and ordered a Ruger rifle magazine. Consistent with store policy, an employee ran a background check which revealed Price’s previous felony convictions. The employee contacted Special Agent Brian Clancy of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. Over the next several days, Price called Indy Trading Post multiple times asking about his magazine order."

So...running a background check on a magazine purchase. New one on me.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    As a convicted felon, 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(1) prohibits Price from possessing ammunition or firearms

A magazine is neither...

and WTF over are they calling in a background check for a ****ing magazine?
    Makes just about as much sense as a background check for a holster.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The case goes on to talk about what they found him with, but it was the "store policy" to conduct a background check on people just buying magazines. If anyone has shopped there, did they do that?

When I have purchased magazines at retail, it was just pick it up and pay for it. This seems like a voluntary policy the ATF really likes....which makes me not like it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The case goes on to talk about what they found him with, but it was the "store policy" to conduct a background check on people just buying magazines. If anyone has shopped there, did they do that?

When I have purchased magazines at retail, it was just pick it up and pay for it. This seems like a voluntary policy the ATF really likes....which makes me not like it.

I "think" there was a thread here about them scanning ID or recording ID for every purchase.

2017-08-rjackson-c56b152b.png

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I mean, even though I don't agree with it on principal, showing ID to buy a gun is a given under the law.
    Going two steps over "special needs" to call in a background check on an accessory is just stupid and "seems like" an anti 2A stance, unpaid .gov goon enforcer, from a gun dealer IMO.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wonder if they ran the guy because they knew he wasn't a proper person.
    My money is on that one.

And there was also the store down south that was scanning IDs if you wanted to even browse the store. Scanning IDs just to ENTER. All because they had been robbed (burgled? I dont recall) a couple times and were concerned with people casing the joint. I think they too closed shortly after that.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I miss the shop. It was only about 5 minutes from me. It was small, but I've bought a few guns from them in the past.

Ditto again .... I think that I purchased about (3) firearms total from them. We must be practically neighbors, DD (as I've suspected), because they were located about ..... ummmm, 8 minutes from my house.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My money is on that one.

And there was also the store down south that was scanning IDs if you wanted to even browse the store. Scanning IDs just to ENTER. All because they had been robbed (burgled? I dont recall) a couple times and were concerned with people casing the joint. I think they too closed shortly after that.
    That's the one I was thinking of.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ditto again .... I think that I purchased about (3) firearms total from them. We must be practically neighbors, DD (as I've suspected), because they were located about ..... ummmm, 8 minutes from my house.
    I'm near Thompson and Meridian/135. I shop at that Aldi at Troy and Madison!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My money is on that one.

1474016065-simpsons-grandpa.gif

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And if you want to screw with businesses that insist on scanning your ID, hand them your Utah non resident permit. I started doing that and it blows their mind. "Hey Lady, dont blame me just Because the Utah Dept of Public Safety doesnt barcode their Licenses. And yes I can use it. Your policy says "State issued IDs". It is a state ID." :lmfao:

Top Bottom