• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    maybe we shouldn't be saying these negative things about these kinds of gun shops, we're only hurting the cause
    The lack of understanding of the situations faced by gun stores trying to survive and serve lower income areas is astounding. I agree completely with the thinking that I am not showing ID to go in or purchase accessories but if that is what the business has to do to survive in a tough location it is short sighted to criticize them and or celebrate their going out of business. I will not go to those stores, but I also will not say negative things about their policy as there are folks who likely depend on these shops and do not have the mobility to shop around as most of us do. This ain’t in the boondocks…

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had 1 "Good" experience in that store and the rest were very poor.
    Ingo lower I bought came through there and the owner wrote me up. Great guy. I had met him outside the store once.
    Decided to stop in and shop. Was looking for my next 1911 project. The young man behind the counter was on his phone and just not to be bothered with questions.

Waiting on an Ingo member to do a FTF deal in the lot next door (old K-mart..??) I went inside again with a 1911 in mind. Different guy same thing. Face in the phone. I asked about 1911's he just pointed obviously not enthused to help possibly make an $800 sale. I saw a used Springer in the case and asked to see it. The stooge replied with if you are buying OK. But we don't let the guns get fondled.
    At which time i turned towards the door as I was flipping him off. I am sure it was on the security footage.

Makes me wonder what the real reasons they closed. CS is all important in a LGS.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    oh...that's one of the best things for that area.

i stopped there about 3 yrs ago and was treated like a nuisance.
    Same. Id go in to browse when I lived in the extreme NE corner of Hendricks co. I was smart enough to buy at Galyans or make the drive down to Bradis. I only used him when I needed range time.

My favorite was his sign on the counter: If you found it cheaper somewhere else, go buy it there. I dont care.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hopefully they buried Don 12 ft under just to make sure.

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, their clientele had started getting sketchy in the past few years, but still nowhere near as bad as KS&E out at Pendleton Pike and Post Rd.. Yikes. They're no longer in business either.
    Are they really out of business or just reduced hours. I thought they were only open Saturdays.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Same. Id go in to browse when I lived in the extreme NE corner of Hendricks co. I was smart enough to buy at Galyans or make the drive down to Bradis. I only used him when I needed range time.

My favorite was his sign on the counter: If you found it cheaper somewhere else, go buy it there. I dont care.
    yeah. that sign cracked me up. i never bought anything from him. he just seemed soooo shady.

Top Bottom