• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcwolf200

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Lafayette
    My girlfriend has one in .223 and loves it. Although it has taken a while to find the right load for it (IMR4895 seems to work best in hers), it now shoots very tight groups. We have several other Savage rifles and are extremely happy with all of them.

I don't think you could find a better shooter for the price than a Savage!

linc_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Great gun for the price !!
    My cousin has one we coyote hunt with and he likes it. He has about 250 rounds through it with out a failure so far. As far as accuracy goes im am VERY impressed !! I was a little suspicious about this gun because of the price and scope it came with. But after he shot 3 of 4 birds off of a pole i began to like it. A few weeks after that we were coyote hunting and he made a killer head shot at 315 yards (used a range finder for the record). After i seen these and shot it a few times i believe i will order one as well !!

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    They are a nice clean gun, and I almost bought one, but the non-adjustable trigger turned me off. If I had dropped an after market adjustable in there, then I could have bought a rifle with a accu-trigger in it.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The trigger isn't screw asjustable......... but it can be taken down to usable for a couple of bucks. No big deal IMHO.

My issue with the gun was the crappy fitting stock. Fixed that too, but took more work than a simple trigger job.

SKRSR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Thanks to all.

Messed around thinking about what to buy for a "beater" gun for coyotes and summer varmint whacking and missed the original "edge" Xp camo package on GBroker..........cheap. lol

Got looking at Sakos and old Remingtons, got side tracked and started thinking of spending 6-800 bucks and then stopped........

and called my local FFL that gives me good deals, and told him to order one..........and is it here yet? lol

Off work this week (just tired, no plans) and nothing to shoot. Drat! Should have ordered sooner.

I'll give ya'll a good report on mine when it comes and maybe even post some coyote kills.

I always end up buying guns that I resell for a bit more and dagnabit......I just want a "shooter" that I dont give a rip about out varminting.

This should fit the bill, even if I have to play with it.

I think Ive got 700 or so .224 pills, 1000 BR primers and 3lbs of 4064 that needs shot and a buddy has like 5000 223 brass and rounds and dies. I think I have some Varget too. Might not be "THE" combo for best groups but coyotes won't care. I'll work up something suitable.

Neat write up on the one posted. My thanks. Never have too much info.

For the money (but still seems like plenty to us poor folk, lol) it will do.

It don't shoot for me.......I'll have "trading stock" for later. :ar15:

Going "whole hog"and ordering the camo version unless I break down and buy the 243 on consignment I just got called about. Fickle old fart anyway, but it will have to be a DEAL for me to get off the .224 wagon. Too much reloading stuff for them here to go other directions.

Scope comes with package but I've an old cheapie Simmons Pro 50 in 6-18x50 laying here with vortex rings too. :D

Thanks to all!!

Anyone whacking coyotes?

SKRSR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Stevens 200

I didnt miss the suggestion of the Stevens 200 Gunny ol buddy.

Been sitting here looking at them and possible "perks" and told FFL to price one of them too.

Some online around but he can get one here by the weekend, or at least a good chance he can. (I hope)

Ill let you guys and gals know what I end up with and the results.

Kinda like that DIY camo jobs in above photos......hmm. lol

Fun and Games. Praise the Lord for things that go BANG! :rockwoot:

God Bless

Top Bottom