• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Monte#2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Not a Glock fanboy here, but G43 for me. Tried all the compact 9's...owned most of them at one point...including the P365. And like some Glocks...I WANTED to love it! Great concept in size in relation to firepower...amazing actually. But to be honest...the grip was actually TOO small. Felt kind of...well, off. Just not right for me. To me, after reliability (Sig doesn't have it nailed down in my book right now...and I LOVE Sigs...P225, P226, P220...) the most important thing is feel...to me. If it feels good, I tend to shoot it well. If I shoot it well, I shoot it more and my confidence in it goes up, thus I trust it more...and then want to shoot it more. (Cycle all over again). And since feel is SO subjective...I simply trust myself in that department. So yeah...long winded way to say G43 for me.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I was in search of a single stack carry gun as Sig announced the 365, shot the 43 and shield 2.0. I went with the shield 2.0 and really don't have any desire to get the 365 with all the issues that are coming up here inland there. I take reliability over capacity any day of the week. If I feel the need for larger capacity I just carry my G17.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I got to shoot a friend's Sig 365 last week and was amazed at the accuracy (20' and 30'), and the feel didn't evoke any negatives
    I put it on my wish list to replace my Glock 42 and perhaps, logically, the Shield 9, since I wouldn't need but 1 small pocket gun.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I had a Ruger LC9 first gen. it was a problem child and the trigger was terrible. I have a S&W Shield that I purchased when they first came out. The trigger is a bit too light factory stock and the size is a tad to big. A week ago I purchased a Glock 43 and it is perfect. The Sig 365 was not even considered I am not going to be there bata tester and I won't bet my life on a design that is still full of bugs. Plus the way Sig is dealing with the problems leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    My Sig P250 Subcompact with its buttery smooth long trigger pull has turned out to be my most favorite polymer 9mm pistol I've ever owned. Crazy accurate, 0 malfunctions in the 4 yrs I've owned it. Love the smooth hammer fired trigger, and the grip fits my hands perfectly. With that said, I always carry a 5 shot jframe or 7 shot LCP 380. I just can't make myself think I need higher capacity. I've done the probability factors in my head a hundred times and just feel like the odds of me needing more rounds is so slim I don't need to worry about it. Just like I drive everyday with the slim possibility I might die in a car accident... or when I go to Florida I still go in the ocean knowing I "could" get bit by a shark... etc....again, its just up to each individual and what their comfort level is. Do what you want and don't worry about what everyone else says. We tend to over analyze everything on the interwebz (but hey, its fun to do!).
    I reserve the right to change my mind.... :rockwoot:

So in regards to the OP, I certainly wouldn't trade to a sig 365 just for the higher capacity if I really liked whatever single stack I currently had.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Small 9mm? G26, G43, Shield or Walther PPS. Pick one.

Sig, Springfield and Beretta are absent from the above list.

Why keep Springfield from the list? Several classes and a few thousand rounds through mine, and I've been pleased enough with my XDs. :dunno:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Why keep Springfield from the list? Several classes and a few thousand rounds through mine, and I've been pleased enough with my XDs. :dunno:

Fine guns. Just never been a Springfield XD fan. 1) I have seen the grip safeties fail. 2) I don’t care for the “US” name importing stuff from Croatia. Petty but I just don’t care for the marketing. 3) IL politics.

Glock is Glock love them or hate them they are popular. The Shields just run, 1 million+ Guns they had to do something right. The PPS was the original single stack.

CCCCCCC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2018
    T
    Too many guns and not enough money

:ar15:I own both and do not like either. I haven’t put enough rounds thru my 365 to trust as a EDC, so the shield it is. Honestly, I really prefer the Glock 26 that I for some reason do not own yet.

CCCCCCC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2018
    T
    You nailed it. I have seen WTF videos for just about every type of firearm. The Gen4 Glocks had quite a few issues and I would still buy one.

Top Bottom