Anyone thought of becoming a sovereign citizen?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I think everyone has the inherent right to be sovereign but like it was said earlier. When it comes to providing goods and service for the community, how can somebody say "naaaah i dont want to help pay for that?" it seems pretty shallow to say well i'm gonna travel on these roads, send my kids to that school, and utilize these community resources but i don't want to pay for them. Now I could see it if you lived off grid provided your own resources, owned land and drew nothing from the local community, those people are quite few though. And to be honest to think that we could effectively run a country like that is silly. As for the Moorish whatever they call themselves. I think some people cant deal with their own petty and uneducated lives and they thrive on getting more attention and controversy to keep themselves busy.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think everyone has the inherent right to be sovereign but like it was said earlier. When it comes to providing goods and service for the community, how can somebody say "naaaah i dont want to help pay for that?" it seems pretty shallow to say well i'm gonna travel on these roads, send my kids to that school, and utilize these community resources but i don't want to pay for them. Now I could see it if you lived off grid provided your own resources, owned land and drew nothing from the local community, those people are quite few though. And to be honest to think that we could effectively run a country like that is silly. As for the Moorish whatever they call themselves. I think some people cant deal with their own petty and uneducated lives and they thrive on getting more attention and controversy to keep themselves busy.

My take on it is that as citizens of a constitutional republic, we are not sovereign, which takes in all the responsibilities we delegate to government in addition to the basic making a living, but have a number of clearly established rights, commonplace violations of those rights notwithstanding. I can sympathize up to a limited point--they have a valid point about .gov overreach. The problem is that they have invented the mistaken solution of effectively proclaiming themselves king of the 3 foot circle they ate standing in rather than working to hold the .gov accountable for living within its constitutional limits.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    i would agree. By being sovereign I mean that you have the ability to ruin your life or make it successful. The free choice in this country comes at a price and that price must be consistently upheld and paid for by others.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Had a lumber yard in NC that had all you can eat steamed oysters at their yearly BBQ.

I think I ate nearly a peck myself when I put the last one in my mouth and had a hard time swallowing it because they were packed all the way up my throat I turned to my buddy and said "Well, that's all I can eat". He had said that earlier after his first one. He filled up on pork, beef, chicken and corn.

The worst part was that they used bunks of studs for the serving tables. All evening they dumped peck after peck of oysters on them. For weeks later we were reminded as we broke open those studs and were hit in the face with the smell of the not so fresh sea.

Top Bottom