• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    regardless of what people think i should do, i am going to hunt yotes this winter with the mosin nagant 91/30. i would just like to know the damage from the 7.62x54 rnd on a yote. i wouldnt mind seeing a pic if it isnt to graphic for the site

Since you've already made up your mind why don't you just post up a pic of your first kill with it and show all usa pic if it isnt to graphic.

yj-guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    brazil
    Since you've already made up your mind why don't you just post up a pic of your first kill with it and show all usa pic if it isnt to graphic.

Sounds like a good idea, but is there a rule about that? Don't want to offend anyone with a dead song dog. By the way to anyone not knowing, you can legally use any gun except a fully auto on yotes. Words straight from a C.O.s mouth.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Sounds like a good idea, but is there a rule about that? Don't want to offend anyone with a dead song dog. By the way to anyone not knowing, you can legally use any gun except a fully auto on yotes. Words straight from a C.O.s mouth.

i didn't know you couldn't use a full auto. i figured it it was a legal class 3 it would be fine. you learn somthing new every day

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

What do you care?

You said you already made up your mind and you didn't care what any one else said about it. Sounds to me like you've got it all under control and know just exactly what to do. I'm looking forward to your reports and pictures.

regardless of what people think i should do, i am going to hunt yotes this winter with the mosin nagant 91/30. i would just like to know the damage from the 7.62x54 rnd on a yote. i wouldnt mind seeing a pic if it isnt to graphic for the site

yj-guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    brazil
    What do you care?

You said you already made up your mind and you didn't care what any one else said about it. Sounds to me like you've got it all under control and know just exactly what to do. I'm looking forward to your reports and pictures.

I just didnt know if I could post a pic of the yotes, not the gun. I will gladly put a pic if it is ok. problably going to go this weekend. I found a fox den too so I am going to try to call it out and away from the den, just for the hunt. anyone know of a good call for a fox if different from the coyotes preference? :dunno:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I found a fox den too so I am going to try to call it out and away from the den, just for the hunt. anyone know of a good call for a fox if different from the coyotes preference? :dunno:

Any thing a coyote would eat a fox would eat. I'd use what you are already having good success with coyotes.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Any thoughts on where to find a replacement/aftermarket stock for a M44??

I've been throwing around the idea of making mine a coyote gun. Actually, i'm most interested in mounting a scope on it. I cant seem to shoot the open sights very well.

Rogue42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    McCordsville
    I saw a mid size coyote crossing Pendleton Pike in McCordsville last Sat. around 1:PM' running with it's right front leg up.They're everywhere. I'd love to try My scoped M-44 on some 'yotes. I have a handload using a 123 gr.,.310 dia.spitzer and a low dose of 4064. REAL accurate and low recoil. Could be good on a coyote. Always be sure of your target and what's behind it.

Seen and heard several of them here on the West side of McCordvll. They run through the field behind our house fairly often.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Any thoughts on where to find a replacement/aftermarket stock for a M44??

I've been throwing around the idea of making mine a coyote gun. Actually, i'm most interested in mounting a scope on it. I cant seem to shoot the open sights very well.

JG Sales has synthetic Monte Carlo stocks for Mosins.$90 for Camo,$50 for black.

Top Bottom