App for police to track illegal gun owners.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No, I think if you're already stopped for something else, and they find a gun on you or in your vehicle, they can then use this app to see if you're a proper person. If you are, then the gun isn't an issue (assuming you didn't use it in the commission of a crime). Before constitutional carry, they could just check to see if you had a LTCH. Can't necessarily do that any longer.
    I believe this is what the purpose is. And I like it when limited to this scope. There should be a way to know this info just like NICS can in moments.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Let’s hope that we’re beyond that bridge with past court decisions. But let’s say they stop you for running a stop sign and while checking your license and registration they notice a gun in the car. When they run your info and it came back flagged as a non-proper person, they’d now have reason to do something about you having that gun with you.
    And my understanding is somebody will have to sort through court case after court case after court case and carefully read the outcomes and try to glean whether they are improper. I failed the first time I tried using mycase. I saw what appeared to be a domestic violence case and it looked at first that they were improper. Then somebody else looked closer and saw the case was dismissed. Or maybe it was pled down to a misdemeanor of basic battery and not a disqualifier.
    So yeah, there needs to be a fast way to check the properness of a person like NICS and ISP Firearms licensing folks do now that they may not have the pink permission slip to rely on.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Let’s hope that we’re beyond that bridge with past court decisions. But let’s say they stop you for running a stop sign and while checking your license and registration they notice a gun in the car. When they run your info and it came back flagged as a non-proper person, they’d now have reason to do something about you having that gun with you.
    And what's their expected result? Will we see a rise in police being shot, as criminals will now attempt to get away?
    Or will we have open fire on criminals with guns in cars from over zealous rookies?
    Criminals have had guns since guns were invented, and it isn't going away.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And my understanding is somebody will have to sort through court case after court case after court case and carefully read the outcomes and try to glean whether they are improper. I failed the first time I tried using mycase. I saw what appeared to be a domestic violence case and it looked at first that they were improper. Then somebody else looked closer and saw the case was dismissed. Or maybe it was pled down to a misdemeanor of basic battery and not a disqualifier.
    So yeah, there needs to be a fast way to check the properness of a person like NICS and ISP Firearms licensing folks do now that they may not have the pink permission slip to rely on.
    Good point. Plus there needs to be safe guards to guarantee against false positives.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And what's their expected result? Will we see a rise in police being shot, as criminals will now attempt to get away?
    Or will we have open fire on criminals with guns in cars from over zealous rookies?
    Criminals have had guns since guns were invented, and it isn't going away.
    They are already runnin after getting "made". No change.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What's the planned tactic? Swarm the vehicle?
    What will prevent innocents from being injured, or what happens when the system fails on a proper person?
    The tactic would be whatever it was when they found someone carrying without a license. I think some of y'all are overthinking this. As @Denny347 has said, they used to be able to use the "carrying without a license" to get an additional charge added to whatever they were being arrested for.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    "Enforce the laws on the books!" Wasn't that our mantra when it came to new laws?

Here's how police can do it, and I'm good with this.

What's the planned tactic? Swarm the vehicle?
    What will prevent innocents from being injured, or what happens when the system fails on a proper person?
    You're overthinking this.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We are heading toward digital ID. With that, they will set it up to be remote and access your information, before even approaching an individual.
    And the precrime unit will have read your brain waves and facial recognition will have all that data pulled up for them. NOT PURPLE…

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I had or have same type of issue i haven't got fixed yet. In 2014 i got a speeding ticket which was bogus. I challenged the hell out of it with all sorts of legal papers i filed. Judge an assistant prosecutor found a technical loop hole to find me in catemp..next thing i know, there was a warrant out. I call the city court and was told to turn myself in and i would be released shortly. I did that but wss checking to make sure the warrant proper. Jailer said ok and when to verify. 5 minutes later, he comes back and a prick of a city detective is at the door. He says, get in. I started to say the jailer was verifying info..and the detective grabs me and throws me agwinst the wall. Says I'm under arrest for resisting. I have a video of this and basically had to get a court order for proof of what happened. I spent a week of hell in jail over retaliation because i wasn't putting up with bs anymore and they didn't like it. I filed for a jury trial and was denied my constitutional rights. I was railroaded badly at the bench trial. I filed trial DeNovo in the circuit court. When all said and done with only 2 court appearances, i made tge prosecutor look like a real friggin idiot and i had any snd wll charges associated with the speeding ticket dismissed. Reason for this long post, is when i looked at that case website..it shows the city court bs with false information entered into record. Luckily, i keep any and all things from court rulings.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    And the precrime unit will have read your brain waves and facial recognition will have all that data pulled up for them. NOT PURPLE…
    Im sure that illegal face recognition still being used will be in all the big cities soon if not already there but citizens just don't know it yet.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    45% of Indiana residents own firearms (Pew Research Center). In a state that no longer requires state permission to exercise your Constitutional right to carry, without trying to sound like rhytes, it would not be uncommon, especially now, to encounter firearm owners out and about with their gun in tow. During a traffic stop for an infraction, which is not a crime, no crime being committed, going about your day carrying your firearm, your Constitutional right, is not by itself reasonable suspicion to query.

Top Bottom