App for police to track illegal gun owners.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    First I've heard of this app. Right now in order to determine if someone is a proper person, I use MyCase and the Indiana Prosecutor Portal. If I need criminal history from another state, I get a III (triple-i). I don't need another app.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    First I've heard of this app. Right now in order to determine if someone is a proper person, I use MyCase and the Indiana Prosecutor Portal. If I need criminal history from another state, I get a III (triple-i). I don't need another app.
    While it can be a good tool to use, the tool is still not always right..

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    You've missed my point.
    I see your point as a good tool, but i was pointing out it can be wrong too. I know of another proper person here besides myself that would be on that improper list because of clerical error, improper data entry and more. It's a nighrmare dealing with these idiots that don't want to fix their screw, let alone getting hauled off in cuffs and made out to be a gun touting thug cause you have a gun and then YOU have to prove the info the cops see is totally wrong. No, i haven't went thru that, yet, but it could happen. Luckily the city and sheriff's know me and such to be proper.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I see your point as a good tool, but i was pointing out it can be wrong too. I know of another proper person here besides myself that would be on that improper list because of clerical error, improper data entry and more. It's a nighrmare dealing with these idiots that don't want to fix their screw, let alone getting hauled off in cuffs and made out to be a gun touting thug cause you have a gun and then YOU have to prove the info the cops see is totally wrong. No, i haven't went thru that, yet, but it could happen. Luckily the city and sheriff's know me and such to be proper.
    No, you've missed my point that there doesn't need to be an app. I already listed the resources available to police to determine someone's properness.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Simply running someone's ID will not give you that information. It will give you BMV records and a few others (active warrants, POs, and if one has a current LTCH).
    It depends. Several public records companies have incarceration and court data. If they hook those services into their systems, they can get a criminal charge history from running a person’s identity information.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, you've missed my point that there doesn't need to be an app. I already listed the resources available to police to determine someone's properness.
    Does the fact that they’re carrying give officers whatever level of suspicion is required to justify inquiring if they’re “proper”?

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Does the fact that they’re carrying give officers whatever level of suspicion is required to justify inquiring if they’re “proper”?
    Is my bad for miss reading what was said that lead to your response. He was saying that police already run "checks" thru a couple systems. Police can not stop you because you have a firearm. You must be in the act or commitment a crime. This info i found from the tops at the indiana state police on policy

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is my bad for miss reading what was said that lead to your response. He was saying that police already run "checks" thru a couple systems. Police can not stop you because you have a firearm. You must be in the act or commitment a crime. This info i found from the tops at the indiana state police on policy
    I was just asking.

Top Bottom