• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    The dates have to be submitted to base Scheduling, then approved, then announced, and they are always at risk of being cancelled if an active duty outfit needs the range. That said, they are generally only scheduled 4 months out to avoid getting bumped early. That said, don't expect to see dates for another month or so.

A big issue they have is with readiness affecting pacing. If you haven't been to a 25m event yet schedule one of those first to get yourself pre sorted. You'll appreciate the advice as you watch other lag behind at Atterbury.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    We have a team working on this. The scuttlebutt is that there are some regulations that may or may not have been followed to the letter in the past. Regardless, the current administration is looking closer at applications, and that is causing a delay.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    We have a team working on this. The scuttlebutt is that there are some regulations that may or may not have been followed to the letter in the past. Regardless, the current administration is looking closer at applications, and that is causing a delay.

I am working on it. We always did everything right, to the letter, but the process has changed this year. Groups like CIHPRS and NMLRA got their dates in before the hammer fell. Our scheduling process didn't allow that.

Working on it...

YHJ

nad63

Expert
    Oct 3, 2011
    I am working on it. We always did everything right, to the letter, but the process has changed this year. Groups like CIHPRS and NMLRA got their dates in before the hammer fell. Our scheduling process didn't allow that.

Working on it...

YHJ
    Keep up the good work YHJ. I'm sure that I am just one of many eagerly waiting to sign up once you work out the details.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    I would add that things are moving uncharacteristically slow at Atterbury right now. Im not involved with the Appleseed effort but I have been doing some communicating for another group. My last communique suggested that, since the GWOT is winding down a lot of cash has stopped flowing into base and a lot of personnel have been cut. It supposedly a ghost town of sorts around there. I have heard that from folks on the base currently and from Appleseed personnel working on scheduling a shoot.

My suggestion is this, when Appleseed gets its date, and hopefully they will soon, everybody drop what they are doing, go to their calendar, and clear that date and pencil in KD. Everybody that has been before needs to call up all their buddies that have been before and we sign up a bunch of sorted out Atterbury veterans and we go make a bunch of noise. If a guy can't keep up, we drag him. Everything you need and nothing you won't use. If every doesn't shoot 6 KD AQTs we find the slowest five guys and run them through a gauntlet of getting kicked in the pills. Then, after that, everyone lines up and kicks Grunt Soldier in the pills. Then we all go kill a few beers and eat steaks.

Jus sayin

nad63

Expert
    Oct 3, 2011
    You had me at kicking Grunt Soldier in the 'pills'.
    I am in for the rest too.
    Nigel

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    Is it OK to bring a wagon full of accoutrements when shooting at Atterbury? I kind of feel like all that walking and stuff would necessitate the use of at least a baby stroller. Probably would need a big shooting mat too.

And what about peeing in the bushes? If the GWOT has wound down and there's nobody there (except the NSA hiding in the FEMA trailers) would it be OK to relieve myself in the field?

Grunt's wife said pill kicks are perfectly acceptable now that he's reproduced enough times.

I lie awake at night thinking about shooting at Atterbury... and kicking grunt in the pills.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Stupid question... is there anything the participants of such shoots can do to help? or will we just get in the way currently?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Is it OK to bring a wagon full of accoutrements when shooting at Atterbury? I kind of feel like all that walking and stuff would necessitate the use of at least a baby stroller. Probably would need a big shooting mat too.

And what about peeing in the bushes? If the GWOT has wound down and there's nobody there (except the NSA hiding in the FEMA trailers) would it be OK to relieve myself in the field?

Grunt's wife said pill kicks are perfectly acceptable now that he's reproduced enough times.

I lie awake at night thinking about shooting at Atterbury... and kicking grunt in the pills.

The grass is so lush it's like carpet. You don't need a sissy shootin' mat.

I pee'd in the bushes and there was a dude in a ghillie suit right there! He was recording us and whispered to use the portolet next time. I said "there isn't a portolet". He wispered "doesn't matter, use it".

I thought Grunt pills required a prescription & kicking Grunt pills was some kind of rehab program. I'm confused. :dunno:

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Rob tomboy sure anything can be done. In the typical bureaucratic experience it's like dealing with economies of scale. For reasons beyond my understanding ice been cc'd on some recent emails and letmetellya, we aren't in Kansas anymore. Last I saw they were requiring a "governmental sponsor".

Top Bottom