• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    According to the powers that be they are reviewing the process for allowing existing organizations to schedule events. NLMRA and CIHPRS are already in the schedule, so they shoot. If they want another date, well, they wait like we do.

A civilian board for Atterbury Muscatatuck is reviewing the process and will have another meeting by the end of the month. I am told, the process will be set then. What that process is I do not know.

New groups will begin a different process that requires a sponsor, and a sponsor must meet the following requirements.
    1. Government agency
    2. Enter into a written agreement with the Indiana National Guard to take responsibility for the group and planned activity.
    3. Extend liability coverage to indemnify the Indiana National Guard (both state and federal entity) to a limit of $3M overall, $1M per event, $25K property damage.
    4. sign an Event Release form
    5. Secure payment of facility usage fees.

I suspect that will be the process entering into 2016 for all groups and I have been speaking with CIHPRS about it. Now, this comes about because, I was told, "the war is over, the money is gone." How a shortage of funds is best remedied by cutting off paying customers is a solution only a government agency could arrive at.

I worry daily about it all, and I am in constant contact with them looking for answers.

YHJ

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    At this point, all personnel able and qualified to instruct at CAJMTC have been inactivated. My efforts to schedule Atterbury events for Appleseed have ended. I do not know if plans exist for reinstituting a relationship between the RWVA and CAJMTC by another RWVA member.

If another RWVA member steps in and begins the process to qualify for access, and certifies instructors, events will return to the schedule.

DAve

Top Bottom