• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Wow, it amazes me how many people can't stand someone else not liking what they like. If the guy doesn't like ARs, why are all of you so insistent that he has to be? He doesn't need to train with the AR. He needs to find a rifle he likes, whatever that may be.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I was an AK guy for a long time. They’re simple and they just work. Then I bought my AR and as much as I loved thenAK the AR is just ergonomically perfect. Then again I love my 1911’s and find them perfect too.

I had a century galil for a while. It was ok but heavy. Played with a friends mini-14 but it’s just not quite “right” for me. The ar is basically an adult LEGO set. I love it. And it’s freat dropping coyotes.

sofrosune

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    CZ just did a sneak release of the Bren 2. 7.62x39 and 5.56x45 available. Various barrel lengths, too.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    CZ just did a sneak release of the Bren 2. 7.62x39 and 5.56x45 available. Various barrel lengths, too.

bren_2_anfas_r_8_1.png

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    First off, The AR is possibly the most ergonomically designed firearm out there.
    It's very easy to learn, and get used to its controls.

Secondly, If you just don't like it... keep looking. You'll find something you like.

I have been watching Longmire. And I now want a Lever Action rifle.

Nothing wrong with this at all. Lever guns have a old school cool that is undeniable, and Walt is the man.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    The AR is a fantastic platform. Very modular so you should be able to find in AR in a caliber that works for you. If you do not train or shoot a lot of rounds, find a rifle you enjoy plinking with. A nice shooter M1 Garand is a good choice. Ammo is expensive but if you can stockpile enough to practice, there are a lot of CMP matches that would be fun to participate in....The M1 Garand was Gunny's favorite rifle (RIP R Lee Ermey), enough said.

BOWTIE72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2018
    Laporte
    When I first got into guns, my friend brought out his old school mini 14 like the a team used. I shot that and an m4 the same day and totally fell in love with the mini. I bought my own for a ridiculously high price and was utterly disappointed. Endless malfunctions, horrible accuracy, expensive factory mags, and very cheap plastics used now. I resisted the ar platform for many years and eventually gave in. I purchased several ar15s and could not be happier. I did go through a few ak47s that I personally did not like, and ended up loving the m1a. So now I usually favor my full size wood stock m1a over all of my guns, but still enjoy the m4s as they are versatile and light weight. If I could find a GOOD mini 14 I would buy it but the general consensus on mini 14s at the range and forums is my same experience. I would like to try a Tavor or possibly a ak74 in 5.45 also.

Top Bottom