Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I don't have the patience to do it myself. I had it made by

A Breon Custom

Home Page

Sent him a copy of the image, and he did his magic. It started off as a foliage green PMag, was dyed red, the red covered with the image, and then dyed black.

P1150546.jpg

That is pretty cool. Any idea on what sort of dye? Been kinda thinking about dying some endplates and dust covers for easy ID of what I have loaded, as well as for keeping track in classes. Sort of like the original Colored Magpuls that were color coded to allow you to quickly identify what ammo you had in that mag.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I don't have the patience to do it myself. I had it made by

A Breon Custom

Home Page

Sent him a copy of the image, and he did his magic. It started off as a foliage green PMag, was dyed red, the red covered with the image, and then dyed black.

P1150546.jpg

I thought it looked dyed, it looks really good. I just happen to have some FDE Pmags and some Red Rit Dye laying around. I'd have to get some black to finish it, but I may get to screwing around with them soon. I also have some of the new Troy mags in FDE, I might have to do one of those up as well...

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    That is pretty cool. Any idea on what sort of dye? Been kinda thinking about dying some endplates and dust covers for easy ID of what I have loaded, as well as for keeping track in classes. Sort of like the original Colored Magpuls that were color coded to allow you to quickly identify what ammo you had in that mag.

Not sure what he used, but there are threads on ar15.com and m4c about using RIT Dye.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom