Pic Thread:
    5cded71b-f833-4374-887c-6cc74f0c447c_zps63c1d0aa.jpg

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    She's nothing special, but I'm happy with her current configuration :).
    ar15-ap.jpg

I do have the "flip-up" caps on upside down - I prefer them to be against the rail when opened because they don't obstruct my sight this way. They are the clear caps from Aimpoint so even with them closed I still have a decent sight picture.

The Harris 9-13" SLM Bipod is pretty nice too, haven't had a chance to shoot it with either on it yet [just put the bipod and optic on today].

P.S. sorry about the low quality picture, took it with my iPhone as it's all I had handy at the time.

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

I do have the "flip-up" caps on upside down - I prefer them to be against the rail when opened because they don't obstruct my sight this way. They are the clear caps from Aimpoint so even with them closed I still have a decent sight picture.

The Harris 9-13" SLM Bipod is pretty nice too, haven't had a chance to shoot it with either on it yet [just put the bipod and optic on today].

P.S. sorry about the low quality picture, took it with my iPhone as it's all I had handy at the time.

I run my caps the same way. Keeps them out of the way and stops them from getting snagged on stuff when manipulating the rifle.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Took her out for the first time today...shot flawless!! Love the trigger...got rained out for a minute or two, but was definitely fun to shoot.

photo7.jpg

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Just got done finally with my other Noveske build. I already have a N4 barrel so I decided on trying a Noveske Stainless barrel. I went with the 14.5" Afghan barrel w/ARMS 41-B folding front sight and Vortex pinned flash hider. Can't wait to do a side-by-side comparison with my other 14.5" Noveske.

Pics:
    picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Very nice, Im interested in the flat trigger also.... so you really like it?

Yeah I do...I went out on a limb purchasing it and I'd say it was a good move. I hope to get a little more trigger time with it soon, got rained out yesterday.

Sig1473- I'd like to compare your 14.5" with my 12.5" SS "Crusader". My buddy built one with whatever the 7.5" SS Noveske barrel is called, I'm curious to how they all compare chrono/and accuracy

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    ar15-ap.jpg

Nice rifle. You guys do know that when used correctly it does not matter much even if your non see through front cap is closed. With both eyes open and cap closed you do not loose anything. Your impact point may be a little differant. We train often with them closed so guys know that if they are closed they don't need to take the time or worry with opening them if the need it in a hurry. Research occluded gunsight if interested.

To improve shooting with a red dot sight

An "Occluded Eye Gunsight" works because of the brain's ability to "blend" the red dot in the sight with the object that you are sighting at. This is a function of "binocular vision" that we posses. It is important to note that both eyes remain wide open while sighting allowing for maximum peripheral vision.

Just FYI as I am surprised at how many people are unaware of this.

Last edited:

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    My 2 ARs

Here are my two AR15's that are works in progress! I will get better pics later! :dunno:

My Mega that I got from another INGOer!

dscn0071dm.jpg

My M4gery Anderson Mfg Lower with a DSA upper.

dscn0068qo.jpg

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Nice rifle. You guys do know that when used correctly it does not matter much even if your non see through front cap is closed. With both eyes open and cap closed you do not loose anything. Your impact point may be a little differant. We train often with them closed so guys know that if they are closed they don't need to take the time or worry with opening them if the need it in a hurry. Research occluded gunsight if interested.
    Indeed, that's why I got clear instead of black ;-).

An "Occluded Eye Gunsight" works because of the brain's ability to "blend" the red dot in the sight with the object that you are sighting at. This is a function of "binocular vision" that we posses. It is important to note that both eyes remain wide open while sighting allowing for maximum peripheral vision.
    I knew about it and since this is my shtf/home defense rifle that's why I went with an non-magnified red dot. Took a little getting used to - found myself closing an eye without thinking about it.

Just FYI as I am surprised at how many people are unaware of this.
    I did a little research before picking an optic :-).

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Indeed, that's why I got clear instead of black ;-).

I knew about it and since this is my shtf/home defense rifle that's why I went with an non-magnified red dot. Took a little getting used to - found myself closing an eye without thinking about it.

I did a little research before picking an optic :-).

Cool.:yesway: As an instructor for LEO and non LE I am surprised at the number of folks that don't do their homework. My post was just an attempt at a friendly heads up in case someone didn't know. It seems that some guys see something that looks cool, buy it, install it and call it done. We all have all run across the guy with a 5k gun that has never even shot the thing. He spends his time rubbing on the thing, taking pics of it and worrying about it getting a scratch on it. It always cracks me up.:twocents:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Here are my two AR15's that are works in progress! I will get better pics later! :dunno:

My Mega that I got from another INGOer!

dscn0071dm.jpg

My M4gery Anderson Mfg Lower with a DSA upper.

dscn0068qo.jpg

Cool a 20" canadian style ar. They like 20" guns with collapsable stocks.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Cool.:yesway: As an instructor for LEO and non LE I am surprised at the number of folks that don't do their homework. My post was just an attempt at a friendly heads up in case someone didn't know. It seems that some guys see something that looks cool, buy it, install it and call it done. We all have all run across the guy with a 5k gun that has never even shot the thing. He spends his time rubbing on the thing, taking pics of it and worrying about it getting a scratch on it. It always cracks me up.:twocents:
    I go to the range and shoot it whenever I can, just reloaded 600 .223 as a matter of fact :).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom