AR-15 inventor would be horrified and sickened.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    tumblr_mqvmigOS1u1so4vavo1_500.gif

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I've been tested 3 times: 139, 145 and 152. So, yes, "around 140" is accurate. Depends on many factors the day you were tested. Just like almost every other kind of test.

Apparently there's no logic/reason portion of the testing you're using. Otherwise you'd know that touting your IQ as a proxy for argument is fallacious.

H
    (IQ=155 until you prove otherwise)

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Say there's a buy-back-program that gives each person $1000 per AR -- even the ones that only cost $700 -- and let's say 50% of the people choose not to comply. Do you support government force to SWAT a house, flash bang kids, shoot dogs, and possibly people in order to enforce the law?

Why do you assume only 50% Compliance? The proportion of households with firearms is around 31% as of 2014, down from 47% in 1973. As such, we can assume current gun owners possess multiple firearms (like you and I). It would still be possible to turn in half or 3/4 of our guns and still remain armed. However, we would now face prison and loss of our amended 2A rights should an illegal weapon or hi-cap mag be found, which I doubt many shooters would risk.

"All laws...must come with the implied threat of deadly force"? Really? Traffic tickets? Speeding? Failure to cut one's grass?

Hyperbole much?

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    How will buying something on the black market raise flags exactly? It is the black market for a reason, there is no government intervention to raise a flag.

A white supremacist selling an illegal firearm to another white supremacist? Not so much. A white supremacist approached by a Muslim? Raising flags. True, he might still sell, but then he might decide to turn down the sale and leave an anonymous tip to the cops.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why do you assume only 50% Compliance? The proportion of households with firearms is around 31% as of 2014, down from 47% in 1973. As such, we can assume current gun owners possess multiple firearms (like you and I). It would still be possible to turn in half or 3/4 of our guns and still remain armed. However, we would now face prison and loss of our amended 2A rights should an illegal weapon or hi-cap mag be found, which I doubt many shooters would risk.

"All laws...must come with the implied threat of deadly force"? Really? Traffic tickets? Speeding? Failure to cut one's grass?

[STRIKE]Hyperbole[/STRIKE] Hyperbolize much?

Fixy! Hyperbole isn't the verb form

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    A white supremacist approached by a Muslim? Raising flags.

Islam is a religion...Not a race....I have a couple friends that are Muslim...One is black and one is white...They dress like me, talk like me and act like me...How are you able to tell????

Have you got a number yet on the number of abortions a woman should be allowed??? What's the limit???? Please tell us what the max is???

It's a fair question...Weapons and abortions are both protected by the Constitution...There are lives lost with each...One you have put a number on...One you have not....

Why????

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Hyperbole much?

So you do support jailing people "tomorrow" for possessing an item that today is perfectly legal and in and of itself hurts no one? Interesting.

Oh, and try to refuse to stop or refuse to cooperate for a police officer that has caught you speeding and see what can happen...all laws come with the implied threat of deadly force. Look what happens if you sell loose cigarettes and the city doesn't like it.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Islam is a religion...Not a race....I have a couple friends that are Muslim...One is black and one is white...They dress like me, talk like me and act like me...How are you able to tell????

Have you got a number yet on the number of abortions a woman should be allowed??? What's the limit???? Please tell us what the max is???

It's a fair question...Weapons and abortions are both protected by the Constitution...There are lives lost with each...One you have put a number on...One you have not....

Why????

It's whatever number that doesn't make his neck hurt. Haven't you heard? This is the test for Constitutionality...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Why????

I can save you the trouble of waiting. Here's his response.
    6a845d0b7c7fbbd96dd17874d7a056ab43335463686c6151b66406d2a552aeec.jpg

32693505.jpg

a-Im-smarter-than-youre-funny-ecards.jpg

60486405.jpg

af6129cfdab1c6dfc2bf8ee6346219ce.jpg

All hail the new overlord. David.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Okay; I'll keep one AR. So, that will be $800 my AR pistol, and $900 for the Blackout. You'll need to buy two of my suppressors, as I would no longer have use for them: $700 for the AAC M4-1000, and $700 for the AAC Cyclone. Finally, you'd need to pony some more for the 7.62 reloading gear I have. Let's say $50 for the die set.

That comes to $3150, not to mention the 2 NFA stamps for the transfer. Total is now $3450. Which Class 3 dealer you want to use?
    Wrong answer. We just got the ban you've been asking for, and Congress agreed to make the maximum payout $500 per firearm. There, you're getting compensated just like you asked.

Or is the ban not such a good idea anymore?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

When I saw that, I thought immediately of david. There are, unfortunately, too many of them out there. Chasing "reasonable" doesn't make one reasonable.

None of which requires the use of a high-cap magazine for the general population.

Unproven.

Unproven.

Ah. So that's really all you got. Okay. As you see, I can do that too.

Unproven.

What ammo would that be?

Really? Hollow point, soft point, open tip, polymer tip, there are lot of choices available. I've been looking for Speer Gold Dot soft point to try out, but it's hard to find locally.

Which is why people want to ban hi-cap magazines.

Millions of AR-15 owners. Only ~250 deaths from rifles last year. Few of which are from ARs. So you want to neuter one of my primary home defense and general purpose rifles and turn it into a club after 5 rounds. You don't get to make that choice. You don't get to opine my need into depriving me of it.

I'll tell you what. I won't try to get your **** banned. How about some reciprocity?

I'm not "sure", but since it was a recent purchase, had the AR been redesigned after Sandy Hook for a 5-round internal mag, that's likely all that would have been available. Black market? Sure, but that might have raised flags; bad guys can be patriotic, too.

So, essentially, all current AR-15s would have to be confiscated, and then people can buy the 5-round clubs once they finally start becoming available.

I think you're delusional if you think that a person willing to commit terror for Allah can't get a gun that doesn't become a club after 5 rounds.

So far you've been full of unproven opinions. You still haven't established any precedence for denying a right based on "need".

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Gentlemen, it seems to me that those among us possessing reasonable thought are pissing in the wind. If our neighbor David honestly believes the crap he is spewing, his is beyond the redemption of reasoned debate, and follows the liberty-grabber's playbook of screaming progressively louder as a substitute for actually having an argument as he marches toward throwing us and the fundamental structure of a free republic under the bus. At this point, I would express the complete and utter contempt I feel, but it just isn't worth getting banned, so I won't.

That said, I will leave this topic with the simple fact that selling out the liberty of a free society in preference to dealing appropriately with evil individuals and evil ideologies is an unacceptable and most reprehensible act of cowardice in addition to any number of other negative connotations which may apply. At minimum, such people do not deserve a place in the free society that the would attempt to destroy.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've been tested 3 times: 139, 145 and 152. So, yes, "around 140" is accurate. Depends on many factors the day you were tested. Just like almost every other kind of test.

When I was a teenager arguing with my brother about who is smarter, my dad told us something to the effect "A man who has to tell you how smart he is, is a fool. People will figure out what you're really made of anyway." But that kind of common sense isn't what's common anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom