Is that gecko45?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK guys. This is why we can not have nice things.
    Pull back on the throttles and keep it Civil. If not I will close the thread and hand out some awards.

-CM-

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    Just wondering what the difference is?

The difference is the persons attitude on what the firearm is for.

You touched on it when you jumped on me thinking I was advocating for going postal on a methhead in my yard.

I have met plenty of guys with RCPs (mainly ARs) full rigs, 11 magazine pouches, med kit dump pouch, radio comm gear and I ask them what classes they have been through and they just stare into space...like I am talking french.

I have met the guy with the 300bo AR no kit and "plans on taking a class soon." We start taking about his use of the firearm to-date and the conversation always turns into a fantasy home invasion scenario. When I start talking about prepping his kit..and I am speaking another language.

When a guy tells me he's got 3 shotguns, 4 pistols, 1 ARs, 2 bolt action deer rifles and wants to build or has a 300bo he wants as a RCP... then tells me he's got no time for a kit, med gear, and classes... that "gecho45" reference a few post back jump into my head.

That's the difference. I have never seen a serious person, who takes gun fighting serious, own a 300bo RCP for that purpose. Sure we all have RCP range toys, we all have PCCs and they look cool and are fun as hell... they are not serious fighting weapons. I give a pass to PCC as a pistol, close in work. I dont for RCPs.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    And here all I was doing was hoping for a new toy to play with...sheezzzzz...
    It's not always this bad. Get what you like, shoot with your friends and family, and above all else, have fun doing it.

The zombies ain't coming, but if they do, another gun can't be a bad thing. :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The difference is the persons attitude on what the firearm is for.

You touched on it when you jumped on me thinking I was advocating for going postal on a methhead in my yard.

I have met plenty of guys with RCPs (mainly ARs) full rigs, 11 magazine pouches, med kit dump pouch, radio comm gear and I ask them what classes they have been through and they just stare into space...like I am talking french.

I have met the guy with the 300bo AR no kit and "plans on taking a class soon." We start taking about his use of the firearm to-date and the conversation always turns into a fantasy home invasion scenario. When I start talking about prepping his kit..and I am speaking another language.

When a guy tells me he's got 3 shotguns, 4 pistols, 1 ARs, 2 bolt action deer rifles and wants to build or has a 300bo he wants as a RCP... then tells me he's got no time for a kit, med gear, and classes... that "gecho45" reference a few post back jump into my head.

That's the difference. I have never seen a serious person, who takes gun fighting serious, own a 300bo RCP for that purpose. Sure we all have RCP range toys, we all have PCCs and they look cool and are fun as hell... they are not serious fighting weapons. I give a pass to PCC as a pistol, close in work. I dont for RCPs.

Did you not see my post. Seriously. Let it go and stop it now.

You are relatively new here. Slow down a bit and stick around.

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    It's not always this bad. Get what you like, shoot with your friends and family, and above all else, have fun doing it.

The zombies ain't coming, but if they do, another gun can't be a bad thing. :D

This is exactly correct. Why tell people its for home defense when you just want a cool new gun. Tell the wife anything you want, be truthful with yourself and your brothers.

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson

why does my post count not allow me to voice my opinion and inject reality into a conversation?

Please tell me at what post count can I be frank and tell a brother the truth of a situation?

How many years of lieing does it take before I can finally tell something how the real world is?

I got banned from another website because a guy said...and I quote him, "I carry Bolt cutters in my bug out bag to cut fences and locks. If the homeowner has a problem with that, I got 556 green tip to shut him up." When I told him that was murder and he was part of the problem the Mods banned me while allowing the tread to continue giving advise on which bolt cutters were best and how not allowing homeowners to get the jump on you while "getting what you needed".

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    why does my post count not allow me to voice my opinion and inject reality into a conversation?

Please tell me at what post count can I be frank and tell a brother the truth of a situation?

How many years of lieing does it take before I can finally tell something how the real world is?

I got banned from another website because a guy said...and I quote him, "I carry Bolt cutters in my bug out bag to cut fences and locks. If the homeowner has a problem with that, I got 556 green tip to shut him up." When I told him that was murder and he was part of the problem the Mods banned me while allowing the tread to continue giving advise on which bolt cutters were best and how not allowing homeowners to get the jump on you while "getting what you needed".

You won’t get banned for that statement here.

Your feet-first attitude regarding perceived slights/incompetency/role-player wannabes does come off as rather abrasive. INGO is not a community that likes personal attacks, real or imagined. (Outside of a certain group/area of the political forums)

Your statements may not be wrong. Your opinions may be entirely solid advice. Or, they may be the ramblings of many rambos come before.

I appreciate forthrightness and accurate observation. But you should probably have observed by now that INGO has a milder “feel” to it, and you might consider blunting the edge of your delivery until the “old guard” gets to know you.

Or, keep doing you. It’s all good with me. (Not that I have any pull, lol)

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    OK guys. This is why we can not have nice things.
    Pull back on the throttles and keep it Civil. If not I will close the thread and hand out some awards.

-CM-

Churchmouse...please feel free to shut this thread down...
    I asked people to be polite in the original post and it's not happening!
    Too much 'gung-ho' and immaturity being displayed!
    I asked a simple question...and it's gotten ridiculous!
    Thank you!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OK. Why does everyone refer to their post count.
    If you are new here then yes you are new here. Period. No harm no foul. When you are asked to slow your roll by any staff member it is possibly a wise thing to do so. I stated the reason. I always do. Not a real stretch.
    As to issues on other sites I could care less. If that was your response you would be in the majority here. Delivery. It is all about delivery.

It is basically the tone of your reply's. The truth can be stated in many ways. Civility is how we roll in here. I could go full on -CM- on many topics but choose not to. If a member states he wants a gun for HD/EDC maybe that is his initial intentions. I have told myself that in the past only to go spastic and build anther custom that in no way ends up in those rolls. Why jump him.....???????

If you want to be a serious part of the Forum just relax. You can make your points. You can tell your truths. You can share your opinions. No worries.
    Delivery.

If you want to continue this discussion I suggest the PM system.

Be safe,

-CM-

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Churchmouse...please feel free to shut this thread down...
    I asked people to be polite in the original post and it's not happening!
    Too much 'gung-ho' and immaturity being displayed!
    I asked a simple question...and it's gotten ridiculous!
    Thank you!

I agree. I have no idea what all of that crap was about.
    Hard to have nice things these days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom