• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    My experience is right on par with Sig1473's. My tactical is very accurate, and a great K.I.S.S. rifle. If you want something to bolt a bunch of useless crap to, definitely get an AR. The biggest drawback is the magazines. Factory mags are the way to go, and they don't come cheap. Fortunately CDNN has great deals on surplus ones (LE and DOC trade in's, ex military, etc...)

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I own a mini-14 and a couple of ARs. No accuracy, feeding or extraction complaints on either really. Used the mini to qualify for a Garand through the Civ Marksmanship program.

(Accuracy problems are most often blamed on equipment and ammunition but lie mostly with the shooter anyway IMO.)

subsonic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    MINI vs AR

I'm not trying to get any feathers ruffled, but what are the major pros and cons of each of these platforms? I own a Mini, love the Mini, but thought about switching to an AR.

Debate, GO!
    I own both and love both. If you have not tried both, do so.
    The AR is lighter but stock conversions are avail. for the mini.
    Obviously if the rounds are the same no discussion is needed there.
    Accuracy is very similar but I feel my AR (Rock river) is tighter.
    The public stigma of assault rifle is not attached to the mini, the media has the public thinking the AR is only for killing people :n00b:. Off my soap box now, in all fairness they are both excellent platforms with many conversions and accessories available.

Bigjon07

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I enjoy both rifles. A newer mini will holds its own down range and will champion the slinging of brass to the nearest county. Are you going for fun to shoot or utility of the shot?

Top Bottom