• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    For the best value and quality I would look into Spikes Tactical or Rock River

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i am think of buy a ar15. i would like to now wat ar15 to stay away from. and wat ones are beter quality to buy.

personally from experience, I would stay away from superior arms. for a well made lower priced model you will do good with olympic arms. i think its a great starter AR for the budget minded shooter. up from there, you have the Smith and wesson M&P 15 (which if it was my last AR on earth, i would be happy!) they are great!!!!, then rock river is great too, & im really impressed with spikes, both on price and GREAT quality!, bushmaster, LMT, Colt, and on up in to the outrageous cash numbers. the AR market has a toy for all budget levels. good luck

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm a firm believer in "build it yourself".

agreed! but to a guy just starting out who has no knowledge and doesnt wanna pay for the tools or is working too much to pay for it, i say buy your first one. shoot it, clean it, fondle it, see if you even like the AR, then maybe build for the second one. theres always a second one :):

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    agreed! but to a guy just starting out who has no knowledge and doesnt wanna pay for the tools or is working too much to pay for it, i say buy your first one. shoot it, clean it, fondle it, see if you even like the AR, then maybe build for the second one. theres always a second one :):

very true! :ar15:

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    Bang for the buck, I like Spikes.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unYAcHIUhXE"]YouTube - Spike's Tactical ST-15 Mid-Length LE watertest[/ame]

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    i am think of buy a ar15. i would like to now wat ar15 to stay away from. and wat ones are beter quality to buy.

You need to tell us what barrel length you want, I have AR-15 with 11.5 inch barrel & 5.5 inch flash hider, 14.5 inch barrel with bird cage flah hider, & one with a 24 inch STAINLESS STEEL, each one has it's pro's & con's;)

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    :D=Noveske
    <------------------------------

loony1 I am envious... there is just no way I could rationalize the amount of money for the Noveske right now. So I think I'm going to have to stick to the Spikes lower to start with and then get a Daniel Defense upper

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    loony1 I am envious... there is just no way I could rationalize the amount of money for the Noveske right now. So I think I'm going to have to stick to the Spikes lower to start with and then get a Daniel Defense upper

1546 don't be envious, just save your $$. I have owned alot of ar-15's in my short life, and I finally had to have a Noveske. They are awesome, but for the majority of shooter's they will never put it to good use. DD builds one hell of a great rifle, I wouldn't think twice about owning one and you shouldn't either.:rockwoot:

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Now with all this talk about ARs I can't wait for the tax return check to get here:D

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I have 2 DPMS AR's and have never had a bit of trouble out of either. That said, if I felt the need to buy another, I would probably go with a Spike's. For about the same amount of money as a DPMS, you get a rifle that has went through more quality control and will probably have a better resale value.

Top Bottom