• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Hop, Its an inside joke between Gcoop and self. Curious Hop, what does purple text indicate?

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Getting this thread back on track....I'll second the Spike's recommendation. Excellent value, I'm very satisfied with the quality rifle, even better at the ~$800 price point.
    I bought one from Profire Arms & Supply after reading esrice's review back in October/November last year.

thecolter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    Indiana
    I have a DPMS AP4 in 5.56 that has functioned flawlessly. I haven't had a single problem with the rifle after around 2500 rounds through since I returned from a deployment back in July of 2009. It has mostly seen PRVI Partisan M193, Silver Bear, some Wolf, and reloads made to around M193 specs.

The 'chart' is dated and provides incorrect information. DPMS rifles have 7075-T6 forged upper and lower receivers, not cast as is stated in the chart. They also have have M4 feed ramps, and the correct 'black' insert in the extractor spring. Of the five DPMS rifles I have personally seen (a small number, but I have seen it with my own eyes) have properly staked gas keys. The fit and finish on the DPMS rifles I have personally seen has been great.

The only thing I could fault on my rifle was the trigger. It was horrible. Extremely gritty, with a lot of creep and didn't break cleanly. I addressed this and I'm extremely happy with it. The others I know that own DPMS rifles (all .223 / 5.56) have nothing but good things to say about them.

With that being said, I would probably go with a Spikes M4LE mainly due to price and 'value' aspect, if you can find one. It makes all those in 'Mil-Spec' seeking crowd happy as well. I have another friend with a Rock River and he also has nothing but good things to say about it. I would still recommend a DPMS if you found one you like.

Top Bottom