• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I read that article earlier this morning. Said it wasn't a "fair fight". Well, duh. Do you really want to take on three armed people in your house, who just broke in, and ask them to go over the ground rules first? BS. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I know it's cliché, but good grief.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    On FB this morning. It was full of, 'They made mistakes and they knew they'd get punished, but they didn't deserve to die!'

I seriously cannot understand these people who say things like this. If one of these people had multiple armed intruders who broke into their home....they would all do the same thing.

I don't know, but if I had to guess it has to do with how many are not held accountable for their actions when breaking laws. And in their mind, if the government does not hold them accountable, what authority do you have to hold them accountable.

Our society is in a very sad place. The more I learn of our founding fathers, the more I see how far we have drifted from liberty minded constitutional republic that is supposed to respect the freedom of others.

“Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?” Mr. Franklin responded, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

It seems to me that our citizenry became more focused on the pleasures of life at the expense of our liberty.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I seriously cannot understand these people who say things like this. If one of these people had multiple armed intruders who broke into their home....they would all do the same thing.

I don't know, but if I had to guess it has to do with how many are not held accountable for their actions when breaking laws. And in their mind, if the government does not hold them accountable, what authority do you have to hold them accountable.

Our society is in a very sad place. The more I learn of our founding fathers, the more I see how far we have drifted from liberty minded constitutional republic that is supposed to respect the freedom of others.

“Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?” Mr. Franklin responded, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

It seems to me that our citizenry became more focused on the pleasures of life at the expense of our liberty.

A lot of people are all for crime control until a family​ member gets arrested/incarcerated then just like that they become activists for police/prison reform.

They "But not my kid" they have different standards attitude.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I'm all for reform, but to be morbidly honest, statistically speaking, once you've upgraded into violent crime that can involve invading someone's house with the plan to use force in case someone's inside, you are rarely going to reform with jail time. If caught, you will resent the system, become more violent in jail and if released, the system is so unfair that you will most likely never become a real productive member of society or even elevated yourself into anything meaningful that is worth more than doing the crime again because that is all you know.

In the grand scheme of the world, 3 dead *******s is a drop in the bucket of all the other *******s in the world but...it's still 3 less *******s to deal with.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Let's see: 3 Masked intruders, armed with a knife and brass buckles intent on robbing and stopping anyone who got in their way while armed and a get away car driven by another mutant. What are the inhabitants of the house supposed to do? Offer these felons ice cream or something? The threat was real, the bad guys were armed. No time to make nice, nice. Time to shoot and stop the threat. Unfortunately the three killed were relatively young but; they know what is right or wrong at that age and they chose to be felons and create mayhem. The get away driver who may have helped to organize this home invasion now faces felony murder charges. Hopefully the justice system will work and put her away for a long time.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    The risk of breaking into some ones home is death. It has been this way for a very long time. The risk of fighting with some one is getting your ass kicked. If you do these things then you should be ready for the out come.

As far as this or that being able to work in a home has to do with what the home is made of, how big the room is, what it's furnished with and the round that is used as well as caliber. Then add in what the next house is made of and how far away it is. Taking in all the concerns should give you a idea of what to use inside your house.

I think most people will find that a 20 gage shotgun with number 4 buck will work well and have little risk to others around you.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Reading one of the blogs I read and come across this story about 3 Oklahoma teens that were shot,one died. Appears according to the grandfather of the deceased teen declared the AR had no place in that guys home and he didn't have to shoot them. Really what have we come to as a society? When are we going to stop with the he didn't have to die. And when are we going to start with they didn't have to break into someone's home.

The real moral to the story is, don't bring brass knuckles to a gunfight.:laugh:

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I read that article earlier this morning. Said it wasn't a "fair fight". Well, duh. Do you really want to take on three armed people in your house, who just broke in, and ask them to go over the ground rules first? BS. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I know it's cliché, but good grief.

I heard that too. A person gives up his right to a fair fight when he's armed and invades another persons home.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Since when?

I think it's fuzzy. The commie states like Cali and IL bans then outright. Some states class them as conceal weapons and need permits. South Carolina only bans them on the INTENT that they are used as weapons.

In Oklahoma, where this happened, there's this
    [h=3]TITLE 21 § 1272 UNLAWFUL CARRY[/h] Unless authorized by law or in accordance with the Oklahoma Self Defense Act, it is a misdemeanor to carry an offensive weapon, including but not limited to loaded or unloaded firearms, daggers, knives, switchblades, brass knuckles, and swords. Exclusions are granted to law enforcement officers and their service weapons, weapons used for living history reenactments, and proper use of guns and knives for hunting, fishing, recreation, and education.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    17795943_1318022328247521_2842484137247094172_n.jpg

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Actually, this situation is a poster child case for why ARs, factory capacity double-stack mags, etc should be in the home.

A 3-to-1 disparity of force requires an overwhelming response. Responding to multiple perps, alone, is nothing to sneeze at and significantly degrades the chances of a "win" for the victim.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Just saw it on FB this morning. It was full of, 'They made mistakes and they knew they'd get punished, but they didn't deeeserve to die!' The usual.

I have to agree, they didn't deserve to die. They earned that right when they chose the thug life. Just like people don't deserve a drivers license, they have to EARN it. These criminals went out of their way to EARN the right to rapid dispatch at the hands of someone protecting them and theirs. End of story.

Top Bottom