• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The risk of breaking into some ones home is death. It has been this way for a very long time. The risk of fighting with some one is getting your ass kicked. If you do these things then you should be ready for the out come.

As far as this or that being able to work in a home has to do with what the home is made of, how big the room is, what it's furnished with and the round that is used as well as caliber. Then add in what the next house is made of and how far away it is. Taking in all the concerns should give you a idea of what to use inside your house.

I think most people will find that a 20 gage shotgun with number 4 buck will work well and have little risk to others around you.

Except I expect the victim could have lit up all three in the time it would take to fire two rounds from that shotgun (unless its an autoloader). If I'm going to go with a long gun, I'd rather have 30 rds as fast as I can pull the trigger versus five with a pump cyclic rate

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Bug102 There are a lot of choices on styles and brands of shot guns to use. I personally like the Remington 1187.

When I lived in the city I lived in a house that had 18" brick walls. You could have fired off a 35 Whelen and as long as you didn't hit a window the walls would have held it in the house. In that house I kept a 357 by the bed for trouble.

I now live in the country and use a 45 ACP for trouble because the house is made of 2X4s, insulation, drywall, plywood and siding. The walls in my house couldn't stop a 22 long rifle. Then the closest house to me is over 200 yards away. So the 45 ACP would go to ground long before it hit the next house if I didn't hit my target. I also have a 1187 on standby. It is loaded with bird shot, number 4 buck and the last two rounds are slugs. Last but not least I have a AR in 6.5 Grendel in the front of the safe if needed. I like to have choices.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I have read a lot on this site where people have said that the 55 gr hp are the best. I would think that if you lived in the city and had houses close by or live in a apartment I would think the Frangible ammo would be the way to go. If you hit your target it isn't going through and if you don't it is going to stop at the first thing it hits.

Standard 55 gr 556 bullets are moving at over 3000 FPS. I don't see that being stopped when it hits drywall. Someone on this site posted where there was a test of set up of drywall and 2x4 and it went through 4 or five walls before it stopped. I don't remember the distance it was shot from or the exact ammo that was used. I would think they used FMJ not HP. HP should not go as far if the bullet preforms as it should. It should mushroom going through the first sheet of drywall and stop in the second or third sheet of drywall. Frangible ammo is built to break up on contact as it inters the target and transfer its energy to the target. It isn't going to go through most things that it hits. This ammo isn't built to go through walls or doors or other such things.

I hope that helps.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have read a lot on this site where people have said that the 55 gr hp are the best. I would think that if you lived in the city and had houses close by or live in a apartment I would think the Frangible ammo would be the way to go. If you hit your target it isn't going through and if you don't it is going to stop at the first thing it hits.

Standard 55 gr 556 bullets are moving at over 3000 FPS. I don't see that being stopped when it hits drywall. Someone on this site posted where there was a test of set up of drywall and 2x4 and it went through 4 or five walls before it stopped. I don't remember the distance it was shot from or the exact ammo that was used. I would think they used FMJ not HP. HP should not go as far if the bullet preforms as it should. It should mushroom going through the first sheet of drywall and stop in the second or third sheet of drywall. Frangible ammo is built to break up on contact as it inters the target and transfer its energy to the target. It isn't going to go through most things that it hits. This ammo isn't built to go through walls or doors or other such things.

I hope that helps.

I posted this on page one of this thread. 55gr does not over penitrate like folks believe and is one reason why FBI and most others dumped SMG's for M4's for building entries.

Here is most of the FBI tests through a public website

About .223 Penetration

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I posted this on page one of this thread. 55gr does not over penitrate like folks believe and is one reason why FBI and most others dumped SMG's for M4's for building entries.

Here is most of the FBI tests through a public website

About .223 Penetration

If you like that article you best save it. Olympic is busy going out of business and that web site is gonna come down sooner or later.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    The grandfather is right - they didn't have to die. It was totally unnecessary. Had they not chosen to commit a home invasion, they would be alive today.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If you like that article you best save it. Olympic is busy going out of business and that web site is gonna come down sooner or later.

I'm an agency firearms instructor. My work frowns upon me posting anything work wise o line however that site was a public site and basically had a lot of the info we have at work. Just shared it from there as to not put myself in a pickle.

Top Bottom