• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    In the Army we cleaned our weapons every time we fired them. Never heard of "over cleaning".
    I often see people on here who claim they never clean their guns and then I see them selling guns on the Classifieds and I'm like nope.

Reminds me of the guy in our unit that didn't want to spend the next hour scrubbing his gun until all the patches were white. He bribed the guy in the cage, gave him $50 to "clean it to his standards". The armorer took his money, took his rifle, opened it up and looked at it. Blew some dust off of it then put it in the rack with a smile, said "looks clean to me". Guess who was there the longest the next time they needed cleaned...:):

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yep, familiar with Dewey, and have had them before. Good stuff, just trying to find one that is somewhere in the 16" - maybe 22" range (which I understand why we don't see many one piece rods in this length, as for most rifles, it would be too short).

This one may work: https://deweyrods.com/product/30-caliber-nylon-coated-rod-17-inches/

Just ordered this one from Amazon https://deweyrods.com/product/30-caliber-nylon-coated-rod-17-inches/

Based on an email with the folks at Dewey, it should be what I am looking for (same one in the Dewey URL in my quoted post).

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    I have now got my first AR pistol assembled. PSA upper stuff and anderson lower with PSA guts. 8.5 " 300 Blackout. This is my first Blackout and I appreciate all the advice in this thread. Hopefully to the range tomorrow. I still plan on adding a flashlight and sights. These are really compact firearms. I have my reloading dies on the way and am looking forward to working up some loads.

300.jpg

Ron

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Hey Ya’ll....
    I as well vote for the pistol build. Absolutely love mine, have a .223 and .300BO. One thing I love about my .223 is I got a Spikes Industry’s Cookie Cutter for it. It shoots like a .22LR, no kick back, gets back on target fast, want to get one for my .300BO. On the down side, be careful of your range partners to the side, it diverts the blast to the side and is a little louder.
    Im gathering parts for a AR9 to add the pistols collection.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I added an AR pistol in 5.56 to the family recently to go along with my .300 BO pistol. The .300BO is suppressed and is amazingly soft to shoot. The new 5.56 has a DD 10.5 upper and would be obnoxious to others around me if I shoot it indoors. I’m trying to save for a suppressor for that one too but other shiny things keep draining the gun fund.

Top Bottom