• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    1st, thanks for taking the time to track and chart the GB sales. Good info.! Even though it's new sales for a run of the mill Bushy, folks should be able to determine other model values based on these trends. Good Job! :)

nj4020

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    Thank you for posting. Nothing to back my observations, but I have noticed some asking prices a little lower than a week or two ago. There are still those that sell too high; but remember, there is still a lot of demand, with very limited supply. I think, from fear of being left out of the game, these people jump on any supply with high purchase prices. I'm content to sit on the bench for now. I don't want to play in this game.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    sadly, I think Nate /\^^^^^/\ up there, has it figured out.

Me thinks the "Leak" will happen and we'll start all over again.

Spin - Spin ... we all know that game.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nice chart & data. I would have never guessed that the average price was coming down.

If you have that in Excel can you tell us, based on the declining trend that it has now, what date the prices will be back down to the $1000 level?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    ...just wait until credit card bills start hitting in the next 2-3 weeks.

I bet there will be quite a few more uppers, lowers, and complete rifles hitting the secondary market at high ask prices...

Ridgeman4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Middletown
    Thanks for the effort in putting all of this data together. I know that I like most others had been observing the ridiculous prices wondering where it was going to end up at. I am actually surprised to see that the prices have dropped already. I wouldnt have guessed that would be the case.

On a side note, who in the world would pay $2275 for a plain Bushmaster .223?!?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm glad to see that you took a very refined way of tracking prices. Just before Obama got in back in '08 I had bought a complete DPMS lower and a DPMS Sweet 16 upper for under $700 bare bones. I've used that model of rifle as a benchmark to see where prices are at ever since. I just checked gunbroker and $1300 plus was the cheapest one.

MCrupe

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Kendallville
    I just went to the Fort Wayne Gun and Knife Show this past Saturday and it was ridiculous how over priced every thing was. I priced a Bushmaster Basic in October for around $1000. At the GS I couldn't find any thing for under $1700 new and $1300 used. I was extremely disappointed. I did notice that handguns didn't go up in cost but the mags and ammo did.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I think people are starting to run out of money and calm down about the whole AWB. Hopefully prices will get back to normal soon. I do think that full capacity mags (I refuse to call a standard mag, "high capacity") will continue to fetch higher prices. They cost much less and are much more likely to be the target of legislation.

Also, thanks for taking the time to do this. It is a very interesting trend. I didnt know we were starting to come down on prices but that make this collector happy.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I wish I was as optimistic as some of you guys regarding the pricing coming back down. As we get closer and closer to the new AWB being put out for a vote the more I see the panic building and prices soaring. Until the new AWB is soundly defeated and a thing of the past, prices are only going to go one way - up UP UP. I am surprised though that pistols haven't been as affected nearly as much though. Glocks & M&P's are still available under $600 which isn't great, but it could be a lot worse.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I wish I was as optimistic as some of you guys regarding the pricing coming back down. As we get closer and closer to the new AWB being put out for a vote the more I see the panic building and prices soaring. Until the new AWB is soundly defeated and a thing of the past, prices are only going to go one way - up UP UP. I am surprised though that pistols haven't been as affected nearly as much though. Glocks & M&P's are still available under $600 which isn't great, but it could be a lot worse.
    I think some of the bans are trying to include pistols, especially the ones with more than 10 round mags. Hopefully that doesnt happen, but I too am surprised at the availability of pistols. Still, some handguns are harder to find now. But at least they aren't being price gouged as much as the black rifles.

BGSguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012

It looks like legislators are backing down a little, but I doubt they'll be forgotten.

BREAKING: Illinois Firearms Ban Bill Dies in Committee, Not on Agenda for Lame Duck Session | The Truth About Guns

BREAKING: Senator Mitch McConnell: No Gun Control for Three Months | The Truth About Guns

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    ...just wait until credit card bills start hitting in the next 2-3 weeks.

I bet there will be quite a few more uppers, lowers, and complete rifles hitting the secondary market at high ask prices...

Good point! I never try to buy with credit cards if I can afford it anyways. 1) Because I hate being in debt to others, and 2) who knows what kind of database they keep on that stuff!

Top Bottom