• 03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Looks like i missed the most oppertune time to sell :(

I doubt that.
    There are going to be a number of times when the panic is refueled before the dust settles.
    And wait until people start getting their tax refunds back. This last round was during the Christmas buying season which limited some peoples "gun money".

jimmytj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    First of all... Kudos to the OP! This is an awesome analysis.

Just mentally, using my ever-poorer memory, I've been trying to do the same kind of thing with high-cap mag's. I can't help but marvel at what some are going for on GB.

...just wait until credit card bills start hitting in the next 2-3 weeks.

I bet there will be quite a few more uppers, lowers, and complete rifles hitting the secondary market at high ask prices...

--I agree with this too. The idea of these people paying 28% on TOP of their incredibly-overpriced AR is admittedly somewhat humorous to me.... :-)

fireman585

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I purchased my rock river predator model with a 18 inch barrel . I bought it Dec 20 th for $1,300 new. The following week they were selling on gun broker for $2,800 +

valmoth

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Nice chart & data. I would have never guessed that the average price was coming down.

If you have that in Excel can you tell us, based on the declining trend that it has now, what date the prices will be back down to the $1000 level?

If the trend continues linearly (which probably isn't likely), the price would be back to $1000 in 21 more days.

valmoth

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the effort in putting all of this data together. I know that I like most others had been observing the ridiculous prices wondering where it was going to end up at. I am actually surprised to see that the prices have dropped already. I wouldnt have guessed that would be the case.

On a side note, who in the world would pay $2275 for a plain Bushmaster .223?!?

Interestingly, three transactions took place for the Bushmaster which were over $2K. That is about 4% of the deals I tracked in those ten days. I agree, I would have never guessed anyone would pay this amount.

StrongSide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    NWI
    Interesting.
    Too bad we don't know the income level of all purchasers, geographic locations and other.
    Xmas might have had something to do with the high start on the graph- as panic and gifting might have been intertwined.

Pie chart! NOW!

:)

77broncoman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    I noticed a similar trend with 30-round P-mag prices (plain, black, not maglevel). The peak seemed to be in late December on Gunbroker with 5 packs selling for around $350 ($70 per mag). As of tonight, it looks like the same 5 pack configuration is about $200 ($40 per mag).

Hope the trend continues for everyone's sake.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    No! Don't drop yet! I still need to sell some old stuff so I can pay for all my new stuff. Quick, turn the chart upside down and make it look like prices are rising so it causes more panic buying, Pocket Traders is this weekend and I want lots of buyers in a frenzy.:D

Top Bottom