• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    It wasn't really a hit piece on the AR. It was mainly about how EMTs, etc. have to have different supplies for responding to gunshot wounds caused by rifles compared to those caused by pistols.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    It wasn't really a hit piece on the AR. It was mainly about how EMTs, etc. have to have different supplies for responding to gunshot wounds caused by rifles compared to those caused by pistols.
    IIRC Col. Martin Fackler (prominent army surgeon) wrote--maybe 25 years ago--that the wounds caused by "assault rifles" was more like those of handguns, rather than full power rifle cartridges.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I watched it, and it reminded me that at Ft. Knox KY a long time ago (C-18-5), a Drill Sergeant put a water filled ammo can on a stump a few meters away from us DH's sitting in the bleachers.
    One shot one kill, it impressed us all, it was supposed to be the head of some guy named "Charlie".

More people die each year to the hypodermic needle, than 5.56 mm.

Yes I own an M-4, my Uncle Samuel taught me how to use it and keep it clean, may I never again have to use it, and it doesn't rust.

:ingo::ar15:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    The tone is bad but the majority of the facts seem to be spot on.
    Overall not as bad as I thought it would be. Take away was to be prepared and I don't see that as a negative.

bob

Agreed. The one take away from this report is how effecient the design and manufacture of this arm is. It simply does the job it was designed for.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I didn't watch but just this morning, I did get a a news feed of the story on my phone. I read it and from other pieces I have read and seen the facts were exactly that facts. I felt like the take aways were that people need to be prepared to act (medically) to an active shooter/active killer. They didn't touch on being prepared to act as an active response in taking the fight to the shooter/killer. But much of the article was about the medical effects as compared to wounds created by a 9mm. I also think the other take away they didn't specifically mention was an effort to water the seed of how much damage one of these guns can do. Reading the article wasn't what I was expecting as it was much more factual without so much opinion.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Would have been nice if they had used a modern defensive 9mm round for comparison instead of round nose in the gel tests.

I don't disagree, but then again, they weren't comparing it to a VMAX or a TNT either... :thumbsup:

Top Bottom