• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The illumination helps the reticle stand out from the brown background.
    Illumination also helps with shooting using the Bindon technique. It's not for ACOGs only. Having a bright greed dot on a scope that only cranks down to something like 3.5 to 4.5 power works pretty well for shooting with both eyes open.

Will317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2016
    Beech Grove
    I just watched a video about reticles. Do you want a lot of stuff in the reticle or not much? Illuminated or no? What's max range? What's intended use?

I just swapped out a 4-12 non illuminated with a basic crosshair. Something like that would get you shooting and you can decide later what you need. I think quality of glass is most important. And, if you have other scopes you may want the same adjustments so it's not confusing.
    I don’t want it super busy. Don’t really have a specific use other than just to play with. Got other guns that fill my needs well. But would be nice to be able to work with it up close and a couple hundred yards if needed. Seem Palmetto have the Strike Eagle 1-8 on sale for $400 with a mount. Really thinking I’m going to pick it up.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I have a strike eagle 1-6, it's pretty clear and has a nice field of view. My favorite scope right now has a Christmas tree reticle, but that's too busy for what you're describing. If you're not in a hurry I've made several very good scope purchases in the classifieds here, something good will come along.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have a strike eagle 1-6, it's pretty clear and has a nice field of view. My favorite scope right now has a Christmas tree reticle, but that's too busy for what you're describing. If you're not in a hurry I've made several very good scope purchases in the classifieds here, something good will come along.
    I have one too on a 16" 5.56.
    It's really easy to hit 8" round ar500 steel targets at 400yds with them.

I think the 1-8x Strike Eagle had a better reticle.

Top Bottom